Polar with Shoe Pod? (Read 733 times)

My Polar S120 died and Polar is giving me a nice discount as a trade in. I'm considering the Polar RS200sd with the shoe pod. Does anyone use a Polar shoe pod? If so, how do you find it? I'm a bit worried that it may be a bit clunky to run with the pod on my shoe. For those who run with the shoe pod, does it give you any problems? Do you just forget it is there?
    xor

a Polar shoe pod? If so, how do you find it?
      Look down.

Look down.
        Nice. What I meant was how you do like it? Or do you find it annoying?
        xor

Nice. What I meant was how you do like it? Or do you find it annoying?
          (I'm sorry, my response was smartassish even by my standards... ) I don't have a current one. I had one circa 2004... it worked all the time, but it had to be calibrated and I found that to be a bit of a pain. As for the clunkiness, I quickly forgot it was there. Others will have better info on the current models. They are surely better in all respects.

Nev

The Rs200 uses the S1 footpod (bigger than the new s3). I used it for a while and although I dont think you notice it on your shoe you do have to make sure your laces are quite tight to ensure no movement of the unit on the shoe or you get poor accuracy. I found it annoying that the accuracy was not that good across a range of different paces. What I found was if you calibrate at medium speed you would get reasonable accuracy at or around that pace but as soon as you deviate significantly from that pace the accuracy sufferes (such as during a race!) I also found the battery life to be pretty poor. In short given the cost of the S1 I would go for a Garmin 305 every time. Hope that is of use to you Nev