weird effect from running (Read 776 times)

Sunday after my long run and even after a shower... I decided to cut off 2-3 weeks of beard growth. I saw the strangest thing... I had salt icicles attached to my beard. Anybody else ever experience this wonderful effect of running?
      nope

Former runner

I can't say I've ever seen salt icicles but I have turned black fabric white after a long run.

Ross

The shirtless wonder

I've never seen salt icicles before. After a good long run I have what I call a "crown of salt." It is my award for running. In the cold weather the sweat comes out of my clothing and freezes on the surface. The most interesting effect I've ever seen was when my wife wore a tech shirt with a big logo on the back underneath her outer layer. Her sweat came through the the surface and froze but the sweat couldn't pass through where the logo was. You could clearly see the logo on her outer layer as it was one of the few places that didn't have ice sweat!
            My facial hair will "frost" ( and no, I'm not an ape ) It has to be cold out, and if I sweat a lot, my "peach fuzz" will frost up. Very weird.

- Anya

My facial hair will "frost" ( and no, I'm not an ape ) It has to be cold out, and if I sweat a lot, my "peach fuzz" will frost up. Very weird.
              Thank you for making me feel not so wierd.
                My dad was a runner and would always come back from his frosty runs with snotcicles hanging from his moustache. My sisters and I teased him unmercifully about it.
                Jenny
                  Don't know what a salt icicle is, but once I came back from a winter run with icicles hanging down from my sideburns to below my jaw. Really surprised me when I looked in the entryway mirror.