Running shorts with built in "support." (Read 1186 times)

Can't stand the liners.

I cut them out and use (UA) compression shorts

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

xor

But do they need a home over and above what comes built-in?

Yes.

The built-in panties are more like a tent.

My boys need a snug harbor.

But do they need a home over and above what comes built-in?

I wear some spandex under my running shorts that have built in liners. My thighs rub together (I have some pretty big legs from power lifting as a yopung man) and the liners do nothing for that. The spandex without the liners (when wearing shorts that do not have a liner built in) doesn't do a good job of keeping my upper legs from rubbing against my....um....third leg area BOYS and they get irritated. If I wear the spandex in conjunction with a running short with liner, I end up with the best of everything and no rubbing, chaffing issues at all. The only real issues is that on hot days, I get really hot.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

#artbydmcbride

Blush  <hot>

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Running will make your you-know-what fall off.

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

I'm with Burnt Toast. I need the compression shorts both to offer support for my uniquely male parts, but also to keep my thighs from rubbing together uncomfortably. I like the Nike Pro Combat Compression Shorts, I have several pair, but I also have a few pair of Under Armor compression shorts (I prefer the Nike, however). I've found the store brand at Road Runner Sports to be, uh, not supportive enough.

And yes, it is a bit warm to wear compression shorts under running shorts in the summer, but I don't have any, uh, comfortable alternative.

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

The built-in panties are more like a tent.

My boys need a snug harbor.

Huh ... I find compression shorts alone to be tent-like and not offer specific support.  Maybe it's that they fail to follow the contours of the ..  what do you call it? ... inguinal crease.  Running short liner briefs do (like tighty-whitey briefs).  More like an old-school boxy sleeping bag (compression shorts) v. mummy bag (running short liner briefs).

Or just do steroids and solve the problem at the front end.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

For me it's a temperature thing.  If it's a cool-ish day, I'll wear regular old briefs under the shorts/liner.  But when it's warm, I like swayin' in the wind, letting the nice, cool breeze get up in there to tickle and delight with its magic little fingers. 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

xor

Huh ... I find compression shorts alone to be tent-like and not offer specific support.  Maybe it's that they fail to follow the contours of the ..  what do you call it? ... inguinal crease.  Running short liner briefs do (like tighty-whitey briefs).  More like an old-school boxy sleeping bag (compression shorts) v. mummy bag (running short liner briefs).

Well, someone mentioned chafing above.  With liner panties, my thighs chafe and the panties get in a bunch (hee) and cause other types of chafing.  With compression shorts, no prob with either one because they don't bunch nor move. And neither do the little men.

With compression shorts, no prob with either one because they don't bunch nor move. And neither do the little men.

Now you're just bragging.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

xor

My navy has two captains. And an admiral.

Ok then.

Big Jim and the twins

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Marylander

I almost hate to admit and it and I may be weird but all my junk goes into turtle mode while running so I have no need for support. I do need to be sure to either wear something to keep my legs from rubbing together or to apply sportshield before heading out.

Stacks

Two male-crotch-discomfort-themed threads on forum front page.

Just thought you should know.

Thats exactly what I was talking about. The compression, spandex or whatever you want to call them, don't stay between the boys and the thighs and the shorts liners (panties as Mr Lopez likes to call them) help keep the spandex where they are needed while they also reduce any rubbing/chafing below the boys/captains.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life