Running shorts with built in "support." (Read 1186 times)

dennrunner

Huh ... I find compression shorts alone to be tent-like and not offer specific support.  Maybe it's that they fail to follow the contours of the ..  what do you call it? ... inguinal crease.  Running short liner briefs do (like tighty-whitey briefs).  More like an old-school boxy sleeping bag (compression shorts) v. mummy bag (running short liner briefs).

Or just do steroids and solve the problem at the front end.

You have to get the kind with the proper contour, something like Under Armour Boxer Jock.

In hot weather, Champion Cool-Jock works great, but they aren't made anymore.

Roadrunnersports carries a similar product with their store branding. In the early days of the product  it was (I think) made by Champion; I don't know if it is, now. It's the only current similar product on the market that I know of. (I haven't used the current product because I'm still using a supply of  the Champion Cool-Jock and original Roadrunnersports Cool-Jock.)

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I guess I run jog wog so slow that the built in liners do not present a problem! Haven't had chafing or other problems. Also as someone said the Boys & Junk go into turtle mode...Cool

bob e v
      2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Hope you chicks who have been leering at us are satisfied now!  Wink

My navy has two captains. And an admiral.

It's with the greatest difficulty that I watch that pitch go by.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

dennrunner

and...

"Objects in shorts are larger than they appear."

and...

"Objects in shorts are larger than they appear."

Unless they are in "turtle" modeEmbarrassed

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

dennrunner

Better to run in "turtle" mode than "how you doin'?" mode.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm learning that the difference between a boobs/bra thread and a junk/shorts thread is merely semantics. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Am I doing this right?

I'm learning that the difference between a boobs/bra thread and a junk/shorts thread is merely semantics. Tongue

Thankfully boobs don't go into turtle mode.

No excuses....

xor

It's with the greatest difficulty that I watch that pitch go by.

My crew salutes you.

Why is it sideways?

When it comes to underwear, it's minimalism for me.

xor

Ah. That puts a wholly different spin on 'vibram five fingers'.

Why is it sideways?

A bare foot.

#artbydmcbride

almost  Blush

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thankfully boobs don't go into turtle mode.

Speak for yourself!  I could save a lot of money if my girls had that feature! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay