3/20 is a special day! (Read 865 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

First day of Spring, but also the one year anniversary of my serious return to running (started with week 3 of the Couch-to-5k program). If anyone told me at this time last year that I would ever run more than 5 miles in a single day--much less complete a HM less than 8 months after I began--I would have told them to lay off the drugs. But here I am, contemplating training for my first marathon next year and training for my first 25k race in less than 2 months. And I honestly believe that without RA I would have gotten bored or lost my motivation to run long ago. Thanks, Eric, and all my fellow runners that keep this place so fun and inspiring! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

Happy Running Anniversary...coincidentally it is also my son's birthday, he'll be two Smile . Stop contemplating marathon training and start training Wink . I think most of us agree that without you, RA wouldn't be as fun, fo'shizzle...
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, Steve! While I'd LOVE for this year to be the year I do my first marathon, until my son is in school full-days I just don't have the available time ('cause I'm slow, heh) to get out and get the necessary mileage in. Next year it should be much easier to do that, since he starts 1st grade this fall. Hopefully whatever work I end up doing doesn't get in the way too much, either. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending upon how one looks at it) there isn't a lot that I can do in our area, so if I'm only working part time it will be a good thing for my running! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, and happy birthday to your little guy. Got any plans? 2 is a fun birthday! I think my very favorite age with my son was 2. He hadn't yet gotten too mouthy at that age and was still pretty angelic, yet fun. 6 is proving to be pretty great, though...I love this reading thing! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Congrats, K! Happy Anniversay - I say celebrate with a run and running wear shopping Wink

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

After today's miserable run I am hitting the weights tomorrow. My legs are still PO'd at me for Sat's 10 mile virtual race! Wink But shopping...ugh, I think my hubby would have a cow. And now that he's reading and posting on RA I can't even hide my dirty little habit from him anymore... Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

First day of Spring, but also the one year anniversary of my serious return to running (started with week 3 of the Couch-to-5k program). If anyone told me at this time last year that I would ever run more than 5 miles in a single day--much less complete a HM less than 8 months after I began--I would have told them to lay off the drugs.
                Yours is a great success story -- Congrats. Hopefully in time I can look back at 1/11 as my running rebirth and say, "Wow, I'm a big loser (of weight) like zoom-zoom! Wink Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If only I could credit running for my weight loss, LOL! I'm pretty much at the same starting weight...I actually gained (and not muscle, either) when I first started running, since it makes me so hungry. I pretty much have a calorie schedule that I have found to work with my running schedule. Cycling my calories keeps my metabolism fooled. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I pretty much have a calorie schedule that I have found to work with my running schedule. Cycling my calories keeps my metabolism fooled.
                    Cycling? Confused

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Most of the week I keep my calories pretty low...in the 1300-1500 range/day. Then a day or two before my long run of the week I will "cycle/carb-up" to ~2k or so. I'll generally eat heavier calories the evening of my long run, too. So I'm trying to average ~1650 for the week, but not the same # of calories every day. My body seems to get so confused that it will drop the weight. If I were to eat the same amt. every day I tend to stall out. Stupid highly adaptive metabolism! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

va

zz, Happy Anniversary!!! I really think this is a great accomplishment, congratulations!
                          Happy Anniversary Zoomers!!! Definetly an AWESOME accomplishment!!! Keep up the awesome work!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Happy Spring, Happy Anniversary, and Apparently Congratulations on your virtual race!!! Big grin
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, peeps! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

bas

Congrats! Here's to many more 3/20 running anniversaries for you! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East