2018 Sub-3. No rules. Run. (Read 792 times)

Definitely not leaving, just a bit surprised that JT mentioned my name when I barely posted any weeklies last year due to injuries/lack of motivation. Not an ideal leader!

Shout out to cinnamon girl for starting the 2018 thread and I hope she returns this year. 👍

Mikkey, I suggested you since you have by far the most marathon experience (over 30 right?) with a good number of sub 3's among them, and you give good advice on training, positive attitude, and when you are posting you aren't selfish; you give feedback to everyone. I'm glad you'll be sticking around as you're a wise and highly valued contributor!

I'll start a new thread soon; been a busy week with work, and the addition of a puppy to our already large crew of animals 

2:52:16 (2018)

Laura

Hey all - I know it's been a while! After Buffalo in May I really just took a few months of downtime (much needed!) but built back up this fall and looking forward to 2019! Looking forward to 2019 thread and catching up with everyone!

Pre-Baby PR's (all from 2015): 5k: 18:46  10k: 38:37 HM: 1:24:51 FM: 2:58:13

Postpartum PR's: 5k: 18:18 (2018)  HM: 1:21:14 (2019) FM: 2:57:02 (2019)

Next Up: Unsure - but most likely some solo TT's

{Strava}{IG}

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I'll start a new thread soon; been a busy week with work, and the addition of a puppy to our already large crew of animals 

Thanks for the nice words JT and congrats on the new pup!  What is your animal count then?  We used to have 3 dogs (all rescue) and it was....noisy!

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

JT - get that thread started! Also, send doggo pics. ALWAYS send doggo pics.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Lela: Great to have you back! Are you gunning for an OTQ? You had a great race (and win!) at Buffalo last year in muggy conditions as I recall.

Mikkey: We're up to 2 dogs now along with 5 cats. Both dogs are golden retrievers. Our 7 year old female (she is the picture I use here and on strava) is being nice and motherly to the pup (his name is Charlie). The cats still are adjusting but overall it's going well.

JMac: I'd attach some pictures but don't know how to do it here. Any trick I am missing?

2019 thread is started so see you all there!

2:52:16 (2018)

finbad

Hey -I'm not trying to discourage anyone from plank, just don't do it like a bonehead.

I'm posting this here rather than the new thread because my PMA is telling me that this injury rubbish belongs in last years thread.

Good news is that it seem I probably don't have a slipped disk just some bad muscle ouch. Still, I slept without Codeine last night and feel OK again today. Onwards and upwards.

Upcoming; 14th Sep Scottish veterans XC trials, 289th Sep Great Scottish Run 1/2, 12th October TAMA half marathon, 27th October Leeds Abbey dash 10k