2018 Sub-3. No rules. Run. (Read 792 times)

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Swim - Good week...and I’m getting bored with Strava and I’ve only been on it for 2 months and will be closing my account after London.

Andres - Your week looks very positive and the heavy legs is normal at the end of a 70+ week!

Finbad - I heard that Scotland was covered in snow. I was thinking of you when running on the treadmill.

Kram - Great week and nice depletion run! I have a bowl of cereal and coffee before running....but I haven’t had any gels/sports drink/water during any of my runs this year.

Weatherboy - Great stuff and if the weather is ideal at Boston then you could be looking at 2:45 imo

Lela - Another great week....50+ miles with that speedwork is very impressive and you’ll probably find it easier with higher mileage going into marathon training!

Cinnamongirl - Hope you’re ok!

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Swim5599

Yeah Mik.  I used to really like it, but its not quite what it used to be so I thought I would take some down time.

Yeah Andres. I have about 5 or 6 races scheduled moving forward.  Haven't raced in over a year and haven't raced anything less then a half since September of 2015.

HM: 1/17 1:18:53. FM: 12/18 2:46:04 

DoppleBock

Good stuff ... Boston weather can be all over the map ... I hope it is ideal for our Boston Peeps.

May you have fair winds and following seas!

Starting with Boston 2019 - My BQ time is 3:30 ... shit when did I get so old.

Andres - That particular prescribed Danieks workout was 8M + 1T + 4M + 1T + 1M and his M miles were in the low 6:30s and the Ts were just above 6 flat. Temps were pretty ideal though.  Before my recent Orlando marathon I hit this very same workout about 5-6 weeks out and averaged close to 6:18-6:20 for my M paced miles and ended up racing in the mid 6:20s, but obviously there was a slow down due to the warm conditions.   My guess is if we get good weather at Boston he will be capable of running mid to low 6:30s.  Such a big wild card though.  Certainly you are welcome to hang with us for a bit to see how it goes.  I just hope I can maintain my fitness to enjoy the experience 😉

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

finbad

Hi all,

good week for me, down on the mileage, few faster miles on wednesday then again on thursday then 10k yesterday. I'd intended to do 12 or 13 miles pre-race but cocked up my travel time so managed 9, I didn't really feel fatigued so decide to run at pretty much race feel without looking a the watch. The conditions were filthy with wind and sleety rain but happy with the result- 35:33 with increasing pace throughout. That's a bit shy of my PB but shows that I've got a good 10k due soon. London marathon stuff starting to be in the news so getting excited.

Weekly Summary
          Monday, Mar 05, 2018 thru Sunday, Mar 11, 2018

<tfoot> </tfoot>
          Day Miles Pace Description Link
          Mon 5.9 8:12 Lunch Run strava
          Mon 4.7 8:23 Afternoon Run strava
          Tue 3.0 8:40 Afternoon Run strava
          Tue 11.9 7:17 Fartlek cos I can't find my running club strava
          Wed 5.0 6:36 Wild garlic strava
          Wed 3.0 8:35 Afternoon Run strava
          Thu 2.8 8:24 Capo strava
          Thu 8.1 6:46 Remember, the map is not the territory strava
          Fri 4.9 8:05 Running in swim shorts strava
          Sat 16.6 6:34 Jack Crawford 10k strava
            65.9 7:23    

Upcoming; 14th Sep Scottish veterans XC trials, 289th Sep Great Scottish Run 1/2, 12th October TAMA half marathon, 27th October Leeds Abbey dash 10k

Swim5599

Fin stellar race yesterday good week.

70 total this week with a doozy on Thursday

mon 8 with strides 7:55

Tue 8 7:53

Wed 8 7:50

thurs 11 with 10x400 70 s and 71 s with  400 recovery

fri 8 with strides 7:57

sat 10 7:45

sun 17 7:22

thurs was the first time I felt normal since the injury,  I had plenty left.

HM: 1/17 1:18:53. FM: 12/18 2:46:04 

Finbad: That's an awesome 10k time! With better conditions and not running 9 miles warmup you should be able to crush your PR.

Swim: Great Thursday workout; 400m reps at 4:40 pace is blazing fast.

Everybody: Great weeks from the previous week.

I didn't post last week as I had a frustrating week. Just felt worn out and could not manage a good hard workout. Not sure what the cause is; perhaps poor sleep from the lingering back issue. I really hope it is not burnout. Anyway, this week I was feeling better; my back is finally back to normal and I had a decent workout Wednesday and a good hilly long run today. New record for me for gain in a single run. 5 weeks till the Martian marathon; just need to hold it together till then.

Weekly Summary

<tfoot> </tfoot>
              Day Miles Pace Description Egain Link
              Tue 10.1 8:24 Morning run 549 strava
              Wed 14.6 6:50 TM: 4 x 2 mi @ 6:07 w/ 0.5 mi recovery jog 0 strava
              Thu 8.1 8:20 Morning Run 462 strava
              Fri 10.1 8:16 Morning Run 504 strava
              Sat 8.3 8:18 Morning Run 493 strava
              Sun 22.0 8:16 Long run with hills 2438 strava
                73.2 8:01   4446  

2:52:16 (2018)

DoppleBock

Finbad - 35:33 is a good effort ... I hope you have a great 1/2M next weekend.

Swim - Nice leg turnover on the 400's

JT ... Long run with good hills = Strong.  Taper starts soon, I think it is OK to be tired some weeks.  Just make sure to stick to the intent of each workout.  If LAT pace is 6:07 ... running faster than 6:07 just beats you down and does not help Lactic Acid Clearing more than 6:07.  Do you start Vo2 Max soon to increase oxygen intake?  Or is that not part of your training plan?

I had a mixed week - 6 days running (Sunday off).  Still base fitness building in week 4 /13 of training for 50 Mile trail race

*  65.6 slow miles

*  20.2 mile long run

* 10 x 1 minute faster ~ Faster is currently 6:40 pace ... only 2 minutes per  mile slower than swim Smile-

*  Skipped the 20 minutes at LAT this week

weight is slowing coming down ... currently 258

Week 5 / 13 (Goal 60+ miles)

*  Must do LAT workout - 20 @ T this week

*  10 x 1 minute faster

*  mid-week long run (12+)

*  Weekend long run (20+) ... In a hotel in Milwaukee this weekend for Regional Volleyball Tournament ... Need to sneak away.

weatherboy80

Fin: Congrats on a speedy looking 10K!  Solid week overall.  Good luck next week.

JT:  Glad you are a feeling a bit better. Huge amount of climbing there in that LR!  Looking good for the marathon in a few weeks time.

Swim:  Nice week and looks like the speed is still there!

Dopple:  Looks like a solid week of marathon training!

Me: Had a pretty big week volume wise.  Winds were cranking all week here though.  Highlight for me was checking out the 10 mile clay loop in Clermont, FL (west of Orlando) where a lot of local and national elites have spent some time training.  It's a soft surface 10-mile loop with some decent sized rollers especially in the second half.  Think if I end up targeting or racing Boston in 2019 as my goal race I'll make sure to hit this loop up 2-3 times for some decent marathon paced workouts.  Had a couple decent workouts including hitting a bit of speed/turnover on Friday with the 8 X 2' workout.  Sunday's LR was my longest run I''l include in this mini cycle before Boston 2018 and was able to crank the pace down on the last 2-3 minutes. One more big week left this week before I leave for Italy early next week so the volume and intensity will drop accordingly.  Again the goal for Boston is fairly conservative so thinking I'd like to quickly transition to a few fast 5K's in early May before taking a bit of a reset in the early summer months here.

Weekly Summary

<tfoot> </tfoot>
                  Day Miles Pace Description Link
                  Mon 12.2 7:34 Still a bit windy strava
                  Mon 5.1 7:31 Afternoon Double strava
                  Tue 10.1 7:32 More wind and with smoke this time around strava
                  Wed 2.4 8:13 Warm up strava
                  Wed 8.5 6:31 Upwind both ways?? Pulling Jon through his 4 X 2 workout with some help from Jen strava
                  Wed 2.2 8:17 Cool down strava
                  Thu 13.3 7:40 Checking out the windy Clermont Clay Loop (Hills) strava
                  Fri 8.5 6:53 3E + 8 X 2’H w/ 2’ jog rec strava
                  Fri 4.1 7:42 PM Miles strava
                  Sat 4.2 7:35 Recovery Day - slept for ~10 hours! strava
                  Sun 22.1 7:20 SLR w/ a slight progresssion to T at 22 strava
                    92.7 7:24    

1mile: 4:46 (12/20) | 5K: 15:57 (3/21)  |  10K: 33:40 (4/20)  |  15K 51:43 (4/21) | HM: 1:15:03 (12/20)  |  FM: 2:40:30 (1/20)

Laura

Finbad: Solid race and week, with or without the craptastic race conditions! Always exciting when race coverage starts. I'm not close enough to any majors geographically so we don't really get that but even just some of the coverage for local races is fun!

Swim: Hot damn with those 400's! Always nice when things click especially after injury, illness, whatever. That's a killer speed sesh.

JT: Meh, off weeks happen. Maybe back, maybe sleep, maybe burnout, maybe nothing at all. Try not to read into it and focus on what you can control- that's the way I see it. If it continued, yeah maybe make sure things are in check and not overdoing it. 2400 eg in a long run- good on you....my quads scream thinking about that.

Dopple: 10x 1 min is a good and fun workout regardless of the pace- the effort is hard and that's what get's the results. Doing any scouting to find a good 20 M route while you're in Milwaukee?

Weather: Funny you bring up that 10M loop in Clermont, I just this weekend saw a few runners on IG talking about it, sounds like a great training locale.

Week....5? Good grief time is flying. Happy with another week, biggest postpartum one yet for overall mileage and longest run so that was cool. Going to take a cutback week this coming week with my 5 mile race, and then switch gears to more MP specific stuff and try to add a bit more mileage after that.

Mon 5 Miles + Strides 8:13/5:27 Evening Recovery + Strides
                    Tues 8.6 Miles 6:57 avg 5 x 1 Mile at 10k (6:15-17ish) Tired legs
                    Wed 5 Miles 8:37 avg Late evening cold heavy leg miles
                    Thurs 6 Miles 8:33 avg More Evening cold stiff legs
                    Fri 8.2 Miles 7:20 avg Treadmill Progression 1st 20 min 8+, 2nd 20 min 7:30ish avg., avg 6:30 for last 20 minutes
                    Sat 6.8 Miles 7:55 avg Easy
                    Sun 17 Miles 7:16 avg 4 up, 4 MP (6:51 avg), 1E, 3 HMP (6:36 avg), 1E, 2 Hard (6:17 avg), 2 Down
                    Total 57 Miles    

Pre-Baby PR's (all from 2015): 5k: 18:46  10k: 38:37 HM: 1:24:51 FM: 2:58:13

Postpartum PR's: 5k: 18:18 (2018)  HM: 1:21:14 (2019) FM: 2:57:02 (2019)

Next Up: Unsure - but most likely some solo TT's

{Strava}{IG}

DoppleBock

I typically do 1 of two things when I am in Milwaukee:  1)  Drive down to the lakeshore to where the BLS 1/2 marathon starts and run on the lakefront path out and back or 2)  Drive out to the start of the Ice Age 50 Mile race and do a trail run.

We are staying downtown, so it will be the lakeshore path.

SOUTH SHORE PARK PAVILION

2900 South Shore Drive
                      Milwaukee, WI 53207

http://badgerlandstriders.org/events/south-shore-half-marathon-2/

Dopple: 10x 1 min is a good and fun workout regardless of the pace- the effort is hard and that's what get's the results. Doing any scouting to find a good 20 M route while you're in Milwaukee?

DoppleBock

Every week when people post their training I am a bit jealous of their fitness ... but it also gives me inspiration to keep plugging away at the gap in where I am and where I want to be ... so thank you all !

finbad

Swim- those 400's are great

JT - really nice long run

Dopplebock - good looking week

weatherboy - big week with a tasty looking long run

lela- nice work-down session on Sunday and mileage

Upcoming; 14th Sep Scottish veterans XC trials, 289th Sep Great Scottish Run 1/2, 12th October TAMA half marathon, 27th October Leeds Abbey dash 10k

Every week when people post their training I am a bit jealous of their fitness ... but it also gives me inspiration to keep plugging away at the gap in where I am and where I want to be ... so thank you all !

Jealenvious of all.

Get off my porch

Dopple: Nice week; 66 miles on 6 days with a 20+ mile long run is a solid week. Glad the weight is coming down. What is your goal weight?  I'm with you on feeling envious of the weeks many on here post, but also am inspired and motivated by it!

Weatherboy: Huge week with lots of quality. Good job loading up the miles before your vacation. You'll be ready to handle whatever you decide to do at Boston.

Lela: Great week with a nice mix of workouts. That long run was very strong. Congrats on the postpartum mileage record!

2:52:16 (2018)

DoppleBock

Weight goal is to continue to lose weight (Currently 255)  until my body is happy with the weight.  I ran all my PRs @ 205#.  If my body is happy at 185 or 210 I will go with it.  I am just eating better, exercising and only drinking alcohol 0-1 times a week.

It will take another 4-8 weeks before I take all walk breaks out of the week.  Currently > 50% of my runs have a few walk breaks in them.  Mileage is not that hard ... it is mileage + difficulty (Pace, Workouts, Vertical) that is hard.

I need to keep losing weight and put mileage before speed until May 12 = Ice age 50 Mile trail race.

Dopple: Nice week; 66 miles on 6 days with a 20+ mile long run is a solid week. Glad the weight is coming down. What is your goal weight?  I'm with you on feeling envious of the weeks many on here post, but also am inspired and motivated by it!