2018 Sub-3. No rules. Run. (Read 788 times)

JMac11

JT - bummer about the calf after your incredible running coming back from injury! Good thing you’re not in a cycle, this is the best time to be a little conservative and just rest it.

Cal - I don’t think anybody would criticize you for not going sub 3 here, your buildup was crazy the past couple of months. I want you to stick with it for 2 more cycles so we can run CIM together next year, where we will argue about speed workouts and age grading in person 

Swim - PR AND have fun? I thought the two are mutually exclusive. Anyway good luck, you definitely seem to have sub 2:45 in you and hopefully you can reach that elusive 2:39:

Steve - I just signed up for the 10K first week of January. I think last year it was cancelled because of the ridiculous cold that we had, so hopefully I have better luck this year.

CIM Guys - can you post your bib numbers here so maybe someone can track?

5K: 17:51 (5/18)  |  10K: 35:59 (3/19)  |  HM: 1:16:21 (3/19)  |  FM: 2:46:17 (11/18) 

Next Race: Boston (4/15/19) 

CIM Guys - can you post your bib numbers here so maybe someone can track?

I do not think we have ones yet...

finbad

Mikkey - one of my club mates actually screenshotted (screenshat??) your strava question to Paul Martelletti and forwarded it to me. Thanks for the effort, looks like I may be a bit too slow but I'll keep my eyes open just in case..

Cal - I've a feeling you're right about just having a rest to sort the PF.

also, if you ran <3:15 I'd still be massively impressed at the rapid progress you've made  No excuses though, get after it

Upcoming; 31st March Alloa half marathon Tom Scott 10 mile, 15th April Boston marathon, 3rd May Scottish 5k champs, 9th May Helensburgh 10k, 16th May Dumbarton 10k, 26th May Shettleston 10k, 1st June Killearn trail 10, 2nd June Milngavie trail race

steve_

powered by plants

Steve - I just signed up for the 10K first week of January. I think last year it was cancelled because of the ridiculous cold that we had, so hopefully I have better luck this year.

I'm running that too.  Yeah, they cancelled it a few days out and gave us a credit for a later race.  Good move on NYRR's part, IMO.  That'll be a good tuneup for me for the Manhattan Half a few weeks later.

5k: 17:52 (2014); 10k 36:59 (2014); 15k: 56:29 (2018); Half: 1:19:27* (2018); Full: 2:54:22 (2018)

*downhill AF

Elite Jogger

Swim - PR AND have fun? I thought the two are mutually exclusive. Anyway good luck, you definitely seem to have sub 2:45 in you and hopefully you can reach that elusive 2:39:

PR....and THEN have fun!

Finbad - Maybe 2020 if you don’t get in next year as that does sound like a great event with a party/carnival atmosphere!

Cal - Even if you ran <3:30 I’d still be massively impressed. 😄

5k - 18:29 (2018)   10k - 37:53 (2018)   Half - 1:22:06 (2017)   Full - 2:51:32 (2016)

Next Up:  Brighton Mary - 14th April.    London Mary - 28th April

Cal - Even if you ran <3:30 I’d still be massively impressed. 😄

At last! Finally! Somebody trying to insult me 

Cal if you run under 3.50 I will still be impressed 

Mikey/Finbad Martelletti is a kiwi I think ?

50+ PBs5k 18:29 Tauranga Parkrun May18   

10k 40:16 June 18

" I have a plan to make my legs longer by wearing shorter shorts "      

Cal if you run under 3.50 I will still be impressed 

I guess we need to stop at some point, right? Smile Anyway, you already should be impressed then:

26.3 miles         27.2 miles          

Also, forgot to mention - pretty much a month ago decided on a shoe for the marathon and chose Nike Zoom Fly. Did few speedier miles in them, ran 10K in them last Sunday and I think I will switch back to New Balance 1400v2 - my old shoes I bought in 2016 but have only about 150 miles on them. Nike Zoom Fly don't feel right on my feet - I know I am slow in many things, this shoes selection thing including - but after 10K on Sunday it felt heavy while running and also didn't feel like a part of the feet. And I realized that on Sunday because I did few strides on Saturday in NBs and they felt like air, I actually didn't feel them at all. It maybe a little risky to change the shoe less than a week from the race but I kind of started to not like Nike Zoom and it's bad when you don't like your shoes going to a race Smile

Elite Jogger

At last! Finally! Somebody trying to insult me 

Huh???  Piwi insulted you last week (favourite/favorite) and JMac is always passive aggressive insulting towards you! Anyway, I would definitely go back to your trusty NB shoes and experiment with the zoom fly at a later date. 👍

Piwi - Yes, he’s originally from NZ and great to follow on Strava (massive workouts and a cool guy who doesn’t take himself too seriously). He ran Berlin this year in 2:17..and he’s in the Guinness book of records as the fastest superhero (dressed as Superman in a time of 2:29!)

5k - 18:29 (2018)   10k - 37:53 (2018)   Half - 1:22:06 (2017)   Full - 2:51:32 (2016)

JMac11

JMac is always passive aggressive insulting towards you!

I was going to tell Cal I would be impressed with anything <DNF

5K: 17:51 (5/18)  |  10K: 35:59 (3/19)  |  HM: 1:16:21 (3/19)  |  FM: 2:46:17 (11/18) 

Elite Jogger

I was going to tell Cal I would be impressed with anything <DNF

That’s just being horrible, at least say that you’d be impressed with a 1:40 at the halfway point before he collapses at mile 15. 😯

Huh???  Piwi insulted you last week (favourite/favorite) and JMac is always passive aggressive insulting towards you! Anyway, I would definitely go back to your trusty NB shoes and experiment with the zoom fly at a later date. 👍

I think Piwi honestly tried to educate me (like my 5 1/2 years in a university were not enough ) . And JMac is just too young to take insults (though I don't think he tried to insult me hard enough) from him too seriously  - when his kids reach teenage age range he will either understands that life is a very complicated subject or just plain and simple kills himself .

Elite Jogger

JMac is the puppy and wants to be top dog!  I’m nominating him to take charge of the 2019 Sub 3 thread. 👍

JMac11

Nah I can't be the thread runner for 2019, too much responsibility. Remember, I'm a millennial and we can't be trusted with anything . I nominate one of our more wise runners to be the thread captain.

Nah I can't be the thread runner for 2019, too much responsibility. Remember, I'm a millennial and we can't be trusted with anything . I nominate one of our more wise runners to be the thread captain.

That's how you become a man - taking responsibilities... Start with a small one Smile