2018 Sub-3. No rules. Run. (Read 792 times)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

JT - bummer about the calf after your incredible running coming back from injury! Good thing you’re not in a cycle, this is the best time to be a little conservative and just rest it.

Cal - I don’t think anybody would criticize you for not going sub 3 here, your buildup was crazy the past couple of months. I want you to stick with it for 2 more cycles so we can run CIM together next year, where we will argue about speed workouts and age grading in person 

Swim - PR AND have fun? I thought the two are mutually exclusive. Anyway good luck, you definitely seem to have sub 2:45 in you and hopefully you can reach that elusive 2:39:

Steve - I just signed up for the 10K first week of January. I think last year it was cancelled because of the ridiculous cold that we had, so hopefully I have better luck this year.

CIM Guys - can you post your bib numbers here so maybe someone can track?

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

CalBears

CIM Guys - can you post your bib numbers here so maybe someone can track?

I do not think we have ones yet...

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

finbad

Mikkey - one of my club mates actually screenshotted (screenshat??) your strava question to Paul Martelletti and forwarded it to me. Thanks for the effort, looks like I may be a bit too slow but I'll keep my eyes open just in case..

Cal - I've a feeling you're right about just having a rest to sort the PF.

also, if you ran <3:15 I'd still be massively impressed at the rapid progress you've made  No excuses though, get after it

Upcoming; 14th Sep Scottish veterans XC trials, 289th Sep Great Scottish Run 1/2, 12th October TAMA half marathon, 27th October Leeds Abbey dash 10k

steve_

powered by plants

Steve - I just signed up for the 10K first week of January. I think last year it was cancelled because of the ridiculous cold that we had, so hopefully I have better luck this year.

I'm running that too.  Yeah, they cancelled it a few days out and gave us a credit for a later race.  Good move on NYRR's part, IMO.  That'll be a good tuneup for me for the Manhattan Half a few weeks later.

5k: 17:52 (2014); 10k 36:59 (2014); 15k: 56:29 (2018); Half: 1:19:27* (2018); Full: 2:54:22 (2018)

*downhill AF

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Swim - PR AND have fun? I thought the two are mutually exclusive. Anyway good luck, you definitely seem to have sub 2:45 in you and hopefully you can reach that elusive 2:39:

PR....and THEN have fun!

Finbad - Maybe 2020 if you don’t get in next year as that does sound like a great event with a party/carnival atmosphere!

Cal - Even if you ran <3:30 I’d still be massively impressed. 😄

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

CalBears

Cal - Even if you ran <3:30 I’d still be massively impressed. 😄

At last! Finally! Somebody trying to insult me 

Cal if you run under 3.50 I will still be impressed 

Mikey/Finbad Martelletti is a kiwi I think ?

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

CalBears

Cal if you run under 3.50 I will still be impressed 

I guess we need to stop at some point, right? Smile Anyway, you already should be impressed then:

26.3 miles         27.2 miles          

Also, forgot to mention - pretty much a month ago decided on a shoe for the marathon and chose Nike Zoom Fly. Did few speedier miles in them, ran 10K in them last Sunday and I think I will switch back to New Balance 1400v2 - my old shoes I bought in 2016 but have only about 150 miles on them. Nike Zoom Fly don't feel right on my feet - I know I am slow in many things, this shoes selection thing including - but after 10K on Sunday it felt heavy while running and also didn't feel like a part of the feet. And I realized that on Sunday because I did few strides on Saturday in NBs and they felt like air, I actually didn't feel them at all. It maybe a little risky to change the shoe less than a week from the race but I kind of started to not like Nike Zoom and it's bad when you don't like your shoes going to a race Smile

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

At last! Finally! Somebody trying to insult me 

Huh???  Piwi insulted you last week (favourite/favorite) and JMac is always passive aggressive insulting towards you! Anyway, I would definitely go back to your trusty NB shoes and experiment with the zoom fly at a later date. 👍

Piwi - Yes, he’s originally from NZ and great to follow on Strava (massive workouts and a cool guy who doesn’t take himself too seriously). He ran Berlin this year in 2:17..and he’s in the Guinness book of records as the fastest superhero (dressed as Superman in a time of 2:29!)

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

JMac is always passive aggressive insulting towards you!

I was going to tell Cal I would be impressed with anything <DNF

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I was going to tell Cal I would be impressed with anything <DNF

That’s just being horrible, at least say that you’d be impressed with a 1:40 at the halfway point before he collapses at mile 15. 😯

CalBears

Huh???  Piwi insulted you last week (favourite/favorite) and JMac is always passive aggressive insulting towards you! Anyway, I would definitely go back to your trusty NB shoes and experiment with the zoom fly at a later date. 👍

I think Piwi honestly tried to educate me (like my 5 1/2 years in a university were not enough ) . And JMac is just too young to take insults (though I don't think he tried to insult me hard enough) from him too seriously  - when his kids reach teenage age range he will either understands that life is a very complicated subject or just plain and simple kills himself .

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

JMac is the puppy and wants to be top dog!  I’m nominating him to take charge of the 2019 Sub 3 thread. 👍

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Nah I can't be the thread runner for 2019, too much responsibility. Remember, I'm a millennial and we can't be trusted with anything . I nominate one of our more wise runners to be the thread captain.

CalBears

Nah I can't be the thread runner for 2019, too much responsibility. Remember, I'm a millennial and we can't be trusted with anything . I nominate one of our more wise runners to be the thread captain.

That's how you become a man - taking responsibilities... Start with a small one Smile