2018 Sub-3. No rules. Run. (Read 792 times)

Cmon Cal !

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

finbad

3:02:21 - what a run!

Upcoming; 14th Sep Scottish veterans XC trials, 289th Sep Great Scottish Run 1/2, 12th October TAMA half marathon, 27th October Leeds Abbey dash 10k

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Very impressive Cal! Great race.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Cal thats amazing on that short cycle etc.

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Weatherboy - Fantastic result and with your consistency/talent I’m expecting even greater things from you in 2019! 👍

Cal - I’m gutted for you not being able to sneak under 3 hours. But I think you’re capable of PRing again next year as you never run a bad marathon. Big congrats and you give hope for the 50+ oldies on this thread!

Slammin 2:34 and Swim 2:46 from what someone posted on Strava.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Cal: Congrats, that is a great time off of such a short cycle! I agree with Mikkey that if you build on this you should be able to go after your PR next year.

Nimmals: Awesome race; is that a PR for you? I saw you were 3rd in your AG, that is incredible at a race as big as CIM. 2:34 is smoking fast.

Swim: Great job and congrats on the PR! Nice negative split, looks like you finished really strong.

2:52:16 (2018)

Swim5599

Cal: Congrats, that is a great time off of such a short cycle! I agree with Mikkey that if you build on this you should be able to go after your PR next year.

Nimmals: Awesome race; is that a PR for you? I saw you were 3rd in your AG, that is incredible at a race as big as CIM. 2:34 is smoking fast.

Swim: Great job and congrats on the PR! Nice negative split, looks like you finished really strong.

Thank you.  Super fun day out there.  Maybe one day I’ll get out more aggressively.  Been a very emotionally tough two years with the loss of my mom.  She would have so proud of that.  Really gritty second half

HM: 1/17 1:18:53. FM: 12/18 2:46:04 

GabbyTriBoy

Must Go Faster

Might sound lame, but I am proud of you Sean. Well earned PR buddy.

PRs: 5k: 16:45 (04/17) -- 10k: 35:48 (03/18) -- 10m: 58:04 (04/16)  -- HM: 1:17:29 (03/18) -- FM: 2:47:11 (11/17)

Goals: 2:44 FM, 16:29 5k

Next Up: Cherry Blossom 10 (4/19), Boston (04/19)

Swim5599

Might sound lame, but I am proud of you Sean. Well earned PR buddy.

Not lame at all.  You know how much I appreciate ya buddy.  Fun day.

minmalS

Stotan Disciple

Thank you.  Super fun day out there.  Maybe one day I’ll get out more aggressively.  Been a very emotionally tough two years with the loss of my mom.  She would have so proud of that.  Really gritty second half

CalB, swim great race sorry I wasn’t able to respond my phone auto passwords then I can’t login.

Anyway great race by everyone. That was one tough course. I knew by 15 miles I was in trouble first 13 were awesome then the wheels came off once I stopped to pee at 17 it all fell apart on a faster course I’d be much closer to my goal. I went through half in 1:15 thought this was all downhill so I tried to bank time.  What a joke every downhill followed by an uphill. Hard way to ear. A PR but I persisted. Nice run to all who ran today.

Thinking should be done first, before training begins.

CalBears

That was one tough course. I knew by 15 miles I was in trouble first 13 were awesome then the wheels came off once I stopped to pee at 17 it all fell apart on a faster course I’d be much closer to my goal. I went through half in 1:15 thought this was all downhill so I tried to bank time.  What a joke every downhill followed by an uphill. Hard way to ear. A PR but I persisted. Nice run to all who ran today.

You are just messing with us - everybody knows that CIM is one fast easy downhill course, not tough at all, all you need to do is to follow the gravity...

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

finbad

Great results Swim and Nimmals. Cal, hope the hammys repair quickly.

Good and bad week for me - ran 5 days, just over 50 miles, one nice session of 3x10 mins, a 3k race in the middle of  9 miles (10:06 in filthy weather, happy with that) and a nice 16 mile run on saturday. Come sunday my plantar was back on its bullshit again so I'm going to take it seriously and completely stop running for 2 weeks. Cross training here I come.

Upcoming; 14th Sep Scottish veterans XC trials, 289th Sep Great Scottish Run 1/2, 12th October TAMA half marathon, 27th October Leeds Abbey dash 10k

Swim5599

CalB, swim great race sorry I wasn’t able to respond my phone auto passwords then I can’t login.

Anyway great race by everyone. That was one tough course. I knew by 15 miles I was in trouble first 13 were awesome then the wheels came off once I stopped to pee at 17 it all fell apart on a faster course I’d be much closer to my goal. I went through half in 1:15 thought this was all downhill so I tried to bank time.  What a joke every downhill followed by an uphill. Hard way to ear. A PR but I persisted. Nice run to all who ran today.

It flattened out a bit the last 4 miles but my feelings exactly.  I’m such a poor uphill runner that it’s almost discouraging.  I run well on flat roads though.  That’s a killer race though Boyd.  Well done

weatherboy80

Congrats again to Cal, Swim, Nimmals at CIM yesterday.  Some pretty epic times being thrown down!  Looking forward to hearing more about those races!

Steve - very solid looking week!

MT thanks for tracking me along the way!  Not a whole lot more to say about my race, but certainly proud of the way I hung on and battled through what felt like a long rough mid portion of my race.  Based on my workouts and 5K times (especially the week prior mostly non-tapered) was thinking of something close to 1:16 or even perhaps just under if I got anywhere near to decent conditons. Obviously that didn't quite happen, but thought I could manage by backing off just a bit on goal pace in the first 15-10K and going from there, especially since my peak 4 X 2 workout (3 weeks ago) was run in somewhat similar conditions.

Felt pretty decent the first 2-3 miles and split the first 5K at 5:49 pace, but then really faded mid race to 5:55 and even to 5:57 pace according to the 15K marker so think I perhaps went out at about 2-3 sec per mile faster than where I needed to be.  After slowing down through 2 water stops to try to take in fluids with just over 5K to go was able to regroup mentally and fight through the last bit.  Figured I still had an outside shot at sub 77, but lost too much time mid race to make that happen.  Was also hoping to be able to run with a few faster folks, but got left in a void for much of the race.  Started out in a pack of 2-3 for the first mile, but that quickly fell apart.  Then was passed by some guy just after the 10K split who then easily ended up about 40s ahead of me at the finish.  Still with that said any time one can PR it is a good day.  Weather wasn't anywhere near ideal, but also thankful for the cloud cover as that could have gotten worse in a hurry with full sun.

Couple of EZ down weeks before picking things back for Boston.  If the weather gods allow perhaps I can jump into another HM duing this upcoming cycle as well Smile

Weekly Summary
                              Monday, Nov 26, 2018 thru Sunday, Dec 02, 2018

<tfoot> </tfoot>
                              Day Miles Pace Description Link
                              Mon 7.2 7:15 Analog starting time and perhaps temps for Saturday? strava
                              Tue 8.2 6:56 I’d take this weather Saturday! 3 X 1 @ 5:42,34,29 strava
                              Wed 7.1 8:08 Nice temps, but the wind not so much! strava
                              Fri 5.1 7:25 Shakeout + strides strava
                              Sat 2.0 8:45 Warm up strava
                              Sat 13.2 5:51 OUC HM - Faded a bit, but hung on for the PR and 7th OA strava
                              Sat 2.1 8:37 Hobble jog strava
                              Sun 4.1 7:39 A little sore strava
                                49.0 7:08    

1mile: 4:46 (12/20) | 5K: 15:57 (3/21)  |  10K: 33:40 (4/20)  |  15K 51:43 (4/21) | HM: 1:15:03 (12/20)  |  FM: 2:40:30 (1/20)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Great races by Nimmals and Swim, and of course Cal.

CIM - The more I learn about the course, the more I don't think it's as easy as people think it is. Might have to reconsider and run Houston next winter instead. How would you guys compare it to other "hilly" courses like NY or Boston? I would imagine it's easier than those two, but still harder than a completely flat course, even though people see "net downhill" and think it's somehow an easy course.

Fin - That sucks, sorry to hear about your foot. You are in such great shape, I wouldn't worry about 2 weeks off.

Weather - Tough conditions but good race. Boston is going to have perfect weather so I expect big things from you there 

Me - 45 miles of all easy running, slowly getting back into the swing of things.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19)