RA Update (Feb 28) (Read 1693 times)

L Train

The swamp isn't private, Mr. Train.

Only waffles calls me Mr. 

And yeah, that was dumb, I hadn't had enough coffee.  OK, that makes me like the idea even less, because I'm sure everyone likes my posts and they will be plastered all over FB. 

+1 Like.  Very cool eric, very cool. 

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
      • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
      • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Only waffles calls me Mr. 

And yeah, that was dumb, I hadn't had enough coffee.  OK, that makes me like the idea even less, because I'm sure everyone likes my posts and they will be plastered all over FB. 

Another stupid post by L Train what a shocker!  Wink

On a serious note I wanted to say nice job on the running.  You are kicking some serious butt. 

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
        • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
        • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I liked your post, partly because I do like it and partly to see what happens in facebook when I push the little button.

I liked it too, which makes 2 people, at least.  But it says 1 like.

"run" "2" "eat"

i would like if the like were a like here, and not linked to fb. achilles guy already said this, so what i am doing is liking what he said, which would be much easier if i could like a post here and the like stayed here. i don't use fb, so i can't like a post here at all. but i do like lots of posts here. if you see what i mean. but mostly i totally appreciate all the work you do, eric. you are the bomb.

good morning, mr train.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Teresadfp

One day at a time

The other thing I noticed is that on my computer, the page takes a little longer to load with the "like" button.  When the page first opens, those buttons don't show up and I can't scroll down the page until they appear.

an amazing likeness

I no longer have the Facebook "like" and am wondering if that because it was pulled (yeah!) or the corporate overlords web filtering is doing it:

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Hey Eric, I'm noticing since the update that any time I click a "latest post" link either in the "most recent topics" sidebar or in the list of topics in a forum, it's taking a really long time for the page to load--like sometimes forever until I click a different link or just close the browser tab.  If I just click the "subject" link to go to the first post in the thread, it loads instantly like it always did.

mta: it seems not to matter how I open a thread, the page load problem is everywhere.  And my browser says it's waiting for connect.facebook.net.

Runners run

i would like if the like were a like here, and not linked to fb. achilles guy already said this, so what i am doing is liking what he said, which would be much easier if i could like a post here and the like stayed here.

Dear Ms. 2Eat,

I prefer Mr. Perfect, but I'm of the understanding the moniker has been suspended pending the outcome of the Hass v. Edmonds litigation.

I'm not seeing the Like button.  But that's because I use Firefox's NoScript and block all FB-related scripts.  For that reason, I suspect I'm also not experiencing the page-loading slowdown others have noted.  And I like that.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

"run" "2" "eat"

who the hell is "ms 2eat"?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Get Lost :)

Not a fb'er personally. Would prefer also to keep conversation "local."

But thanks for your hard work on everything, as always, Eric!

+1 on what wanderlost said in all accounts.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

BeeRunB

Perfectly said. Cool

xor

I liked it too, which makes 2 people, at least.  But it says 1 like.

Currently a lot of posts have 3 likes, and then some have none.  I'm pretty sure that some posts are linked and the counting is happening in a rather non-obvious way.

xor

who the hell is "ms 2eat"?

That would be you.