RA Update (Feb 28) (Read 1693 times)

L Train

eric, that fixed it for me, too.  Sadly, I was probably logged in from a month or so ago. 

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Thanks Eric.  You rock.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Tramps

Not a fb'er personally. Would prefer also to keep conversation "local."

But thanks for your hard work on everything, as always, Eric!

+1, FWIW

Seems like FB ads littering the otherwise pristine landscape I've come to love around here.

Be safe. Be kind.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My FB life and my RA life are quite separate.  I have no one in common to both other than myself, so the Facebook button does not appeal to me, even though I'm fairly active on FB.

The subscribe/follow buttons are great, though.  I have been relying on the browsers' link history, which doesn't work so well when there are three different computers in use.

Thanks for your work, Eric!

My FB life and my RA life are quite separate.  I have no one in common to both other than myself, so the Facebook button does not appeal to me, even though I'm fairly active on FB.

up until now there hasnt been much of a connection between the two, i think the whole point of adding them is to try to strengthen the relationship by utilizing more of what is offered.

xor

up until now there hasnt been much of a connection between the two, i think the whole point of adding them is to try to strengthen the relationship by utilizing more of what is offered.

dislike.

As much as I love everybody here, I'm not sure I really care that so-and-so likes a post or a thread.  And I have no need to know this in facebook.  Now, I realize that I can probably "ignore" these posts... I'll just have to be careful not to accidentally ignore the friend.

Meanwhile, my nonrunning fb friends already have reached their tolerance of my running talk.  I'm assuming if I start liking things here, it'll show up on their pages.  Which, best case means I will have to show them how to ignore posts... or worst case, they will just ignore or deef me.  All for something I'm pretty sure they don't care about and probably won't (which gets me wondering what relationship is supposedly being strengthened :-) ). So it makes a bit of busywork.

I can opt out of both pieces (the first piece by ignoring posts... the second piece by not using the like feature), so I'm really just stating an opinion and not trying to claim the sky is falling.

PS, every generation has a technology wall.  The thing that is the stereotypical "this is too hard" gizmo that separates old people from young people.  I won't claim it is ready to be sterotyped, but I will say that I have trouble w/ facebook at multiple levels.

... or worst case, they will just ignore or deef me.

I deefed a few people today.

keeponrunning

I use Facebook a lot.  I use RA a lot.  Not sure how I feel about having them connected tho.  Probably just make my fb friends think I'm nuts.  Oh wait....they already do.  Guess it won't affect me at all then.  Joking

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

keeponrunning

I do like the 'subscribe' feature tho.  Smile  

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

dislike.

As much as I love everybody here, I'm not sure I really care that so-and-so likes a post or a thread.  And I have no need to know this in facebook.  Now, I realize that I can probably "ignore" these posts... I'll just have to be careful not to accidentally ignore the friend.

Meanwhile, my nonrunning fb friends already have reached their tolerance of my running talk.  I'm assuming if I start liking things here, it'll show up on their pages.  Which, best case means I will have to show them how to ignore posts... or worst case, they will just ignore or deef me.  All for something I'm pretty sure they don't care about and probably won't (which gets me wondering what relationship is supposedly being strengthened :-) ). So it makes a bit of busywork.

I can opt out of both pieces (the first piece by ignoring posts... the second piece by not using the like feature), so I'm really just stating an opinion and not trying to claim the sky is falling.

PS, every generation has a technology wall.  The thing that is the stereotypical "this is too hard" gizmo that separates old people from young people.  I won't claim it is ready to be sterotyped, but I will say that I have trouble w/ facebook at multiple levels.

fa sheezy. honestly it wont make a difference to me either way, im still going to continue loving it here. i just wanted to give it some thought and voice.

xor

I like that.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

lopez, you have nonrunning freinds?

I think another benefit of Like is to increase RA's visibility in a world where loads of folks use other, often lesser logging/mapping tools.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I just subscribed to a thread, and saw how the email verification works.  Thanks again, Eric, for being so careful to control the spam!

This episode of South Park (must see) is awesome. 

iamstan--"F*** FACEBOOK, seriously!"  mta: And, poke your grandma!

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

xor

lopez, you have nonrunning freinds?

I think another benefit of Like is to increase RA's visibility in a world where loads of folks use other, often lesser logging/mapping tools.

Well, I do have nonrunning FRIENDS.  And they don't call me 'lopez'.  Ha.

That is indeed a benefit.  Though pointing people at a post in a message board doesn't really do that directly.  Especially if people start liking non-running posts.  I mean, I realize nobody will like my non-running stuff, but some of the bagel v "bagel" commentary is indeed priceless.