New WR: Beer Mile (Read 381 times)

Feeling the growl again

You actually took the time to do this?

I race a beer mile every year, practice makes sense.  I took time to practice the running part yesterday too.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Just a dude.

I watched the video again just to check out the chugging. Not sure where he could be cheating. He opens the cans, so they aren't like sitting there half empty or completely flat. He shoves the can right in his face, so I guess he could be sucking, but not sure how that would help. I do see that he somewhat crushes some of the cans, so he could be pushing a bit.

He does turn them upside down, but a couple are pretty close to his hair. Not sure.

Maybe he drilled a hole in the can and drained half out on the back side? That would be pretty lame.

I'm definately not a beer expert, but at least physically it looks pretty legit. Maybe he's actually a pretty short guy and those are only 8 ounce cans?  Wink

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

JimR

There are fast-pour cans on the market now.  There is a built-in hole you open by rotating the tab and pushing it in after opening, the open hole lets air in.

There are fast-pour cans on the market now.  There is a built-in hole you open by rotating the tab and pushing it in after opening, the open hole lets air in.

Seems this might be in violation of the official Beer Mile rules:

6. No specialized cans or bottles may be used that give an advantage
                    by allowing the beer to pour at a faster rate. ie "super mega
                    mouth cans" or "wide mouth bottles" are prohibited.
                 7. Beer cans must not be tampered with in any manner, ie. no
                    shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by
                    the tab at the top. The same applies with bottles - no straws or
                    other aids are allowed in order to aid in the speed of pouring.

Dave

Prince of Fatness

He was drinking regular Bud.  I saw this...

http://anheuser-busch.com/index.php/the-can-reinvented-louisville-is-pilot-market-for-new-bud-light-vented-can/

But that is Bud Light.  Plus, I do not recall seeing him push the tab back so much.

Not at it at all. 

joescott

I'm definately not a beer expert, but at least physically it looks pretty legit. Maybe he's actually a pretty short guy and those are only 8 ounce cans?  Wink

I am a fan of the home-made stadium with a 350-meter track theory proffered earlier.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Feeling the growl again

Plus, I do not recall seeing him push the tab back so much.

On at least one I was sure he didn't push it back at all.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

What's also nice about that video was the slower guy in the outer lanes and not at all bothered by whatever else was going on with the beer on the track.

JimR

I could kill the posted rubiks cube mile record

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Where's bhearn?

steph  

joescott

Do you have a link?

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

JimR

Do you have a link?

Just going by the FAQ on the beermile site.

However, youtube shows a 5:37.53, which would pretty well trump my efforts anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNUHRWhG2qc

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

How many beers required for the rubiks challenge?

bhearn

However, youtube shows a 5:37.53, which would pretty well trump my efforts anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNUHRWhG2qc

Damn! I think I would be hard pressed to go sub-9.

JimR

Damn! I think I would be hard pressed to go sub-9.

I'm a bit out of practice on the cube, and my fingers aren't quite as nimble as they were in the 80s.  5:37 though....that's quite the feat

How many beers required for the rubiks challenge?

Maybe combine it all. drink a beer, solve a cube, run a lap.