This Bud's NOT for you. (Read 1340 times)

JakeKnight

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/14/busch.reax/index.html
    Yes. I know. I've been in mourning all day. I need a new beer. No fruit. No tofu. No soy. Something a real man would drink. Something that doesn't cost $10.00 a six-pack. Something that pretentious weenies wouldn't brag about sipping. Something they'd serve at minor league baseball game. Something I could drink with my redneck neighbors without getting funny looks. Basically, something not in your fridge right now. Got an ideas? Sam Adams is still American, right? Or maybe I'll go Canadian. That's part of America, isn't it?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

Dave

Is this what you're looking for? http://www.yuengling.com/ Usually around $11 for a 12 pack. You can buy it in cans. Pretty nice tasting. Not hoppy enough for me but very likely to be sold at minor league stadiums. At least in Pennsylvania. And I checked, they do distribute in TN.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Sam Adams beer: 1. was introduced by the Boston Beer Company and was produced under contract by the Pittsburgh Brewing Company, pretty American 2. is a pricy, overblown elitist beer, but tastes okay most of the time. Dude, got a problem with PBR? Somebody I know thought that Yuengling was Chinese. Roll eyes

Dave

Dude, got a problem with PBR?
          Not if its cold enough. Right to the point of freezing so that you don't have to taste it. Do you remember Wiedemann's? Found a 6 pack behind a McDonalds in a brown paper bag when I was about 14. Says right on the can that its "Fine Beer". Don't believe it. Rough night....

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think Schlitz and Blatz are still made in the U S of A, but I won't drink anything that ends in Z.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Worst part is I work for A-B, in St. Louis. You can always try Boulevard Beer it is made in Kansas City.

A Saucy Wench

What we really need is for Glacier Bay to make a comeback. Nothing like a beer with an indentation on the bottom perfect for twisting off the next cap. Designed for chain-drinking. And CHEAP. But surprisingly in the college repertoire of cheap ass beer - it was pretty damn good, better than the Busch/Bud/Miller contingent. MTA: Hamm's? dh's family in Indiana drinks it...cant get more plebeian than that

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

Personally, I like Stella, and can't stand Bud. All xenophobia aside, those Belgians know how to brew beer.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Half Fanatic #846

Lost River beer in cans, made in Detroit a few years ago - was the cheapest best American beer, but haven't seen it since then. Sad I just don't like the Miller-Bud-Schlitz-Lite-Etc. Tongue

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

xor

I like Stella, and can't stand Bud.
                      Father Knows Streetcar.

undue monkey

Personally, I like Stella, and can't stand Bud. All xenophobia aside, those Belgians know how to brew beer.
                        It's not the Belgian brewers that you should be worried about, it's the Brazillian cost cutters. Even so, it's doubtfull there'll be differences in the liquid, probably just fewer SuperBowl ads, philanthropy, and white collar jobs.

undue monkey

Or maybe I'll go Canadian. That's part of America, isn't it?
                          Molson Canadian is my current cheap lager of choice ($8.49 for my last 12 pack.)

Jazz hands!

I'm apparently a beer snob because I can't remember the last time I had a Budweiser, or an American beer that wasn't a microbrew. Is Sierra Nevada micro? Do they even have it on the other coast? You could always brew your own. Complicated, but tasty.
                            run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                            Purdey

Self anointed title

Stella Artois. Expensive. V Strong. Nicknamed "wife beater" by the British Army... who consume prodigious amounts of it.