New Balance 902 vs 903 Mileage Comparison (Read 518 times)

djtaylor

Has anyone else noticed the 903 seems to wear much quicker than the 902, or is it just me? Granted, I'm only on my first pair of 903s, but they seem shot after ~250 miles. My 902s seem to last at least 350, probably longer if I wanted to chance it. I wore both on similar routes in similar conditions, although I probably had a few more long and tempo runs in the 903.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I haven't noticed any difference, though I'm not near wearing out my first pair of 903s, yet. I'm still on pairs 2 and 3 of my 902s, too. I wore my first pair of 902s for more than 330 miles, but in hindsight realize I should have retired them by 300. I could feel a marked difference in them and my second pair when I finally rotated them in. My knees were pretty angry with me by the last 25 miles or so. I wouldn't think the wear would be different, though--AFAIK NB made no changes to the bottom of the shoe, just the uppers.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

djtaylor

Thanks! Hopefully I just had a below-average first pair of 903s. I have another pair still new-in-box and I will probably add them to the rotation in the next week or two. Even if I can only get 250 miles out of all my 903s, I will probably continue to buy more. They are such a great line of shoes!
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Even if I can only get 250 miles out of all my 903s, I will probably continue to buy more. They are such a great line of shoes!
          That's my feeling, too. I love that Acteva Ultra Light cushion they use for the midsole. I actually seem to get more mileage out of these lightweight shoes than I ever did out of heavier NB ones (it seems to stay cushy longer and bounce-back better)...so I probably end up spending less in the long run.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay