Ack, what have I done?! (Read 1069 times)

I just registered for my first marathon (Milwaukee Lakefront, 10/05) before the price goes up! I feel sick to my stomach...sheesh. Blush Confused No Dead Black eye
    Rock on! Good for you!
      I just registered for my first marathon (Milwaukee Lakefront, 10/05) before the price goes up! I feel sick to my stomach...sheesh. Blush Confused No Dead Black eye
      Congratulations! Cool You'll do great!! I know I'd feel exactly the same way.
      run4fun8910

that is really fantastic. Now keep us up to date on how your training goes and even more important how the race goes.
        Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn
          Congratulations. I'm sure you'll do great. I always say, the marathon is mostly mental. And you seem like one of the most positive, upbeat people around here, so that will help tons. Plus, you've been running in this crappy winter. That's plenty of time to train. Good luck to ya!
            Git 'er done.
              You'll do great! Smile

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Plus, you've been running in this crappy winter.
                Heh...though in some ways Winter running is easier than Summer...harder to get out the door, but no risk of overheating like I have in the Summer. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I think the same thing everytime I register for one. don't worry...the panic fades when the gun goes off. Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

Ringmaster

Zoomie, you are going to be GREAT! You'll do your screen name credit, of that I have no doubt. I can't wait to read that race report. Remember--it's just a 10k with a 20 mile warm up . . . (you'll be here to repeat that line to me when I sign up for mine, right?) K

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                    Mile by Mile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Remember--it's just a 10k with a 20 mile warm up . . . (you'll be here to repeat that line to me when I sign up for mine, right?) K
                      I promise! Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

I signed up Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, MN (6/20) a little over a month ago and had the same feelings. It will be my first, I think that the "buyer's remorse" is how it works. Don't know how I will handle 9500 runners. Probably the most I've been in is 200 at a charity 5k, which also happens to be the longest distance I have raced before. Also crazy that the 2 time and defending champ was killed in Kenya by a arrow through his chest!?!?!? Confused New to the site, so I just started my log. Trying to slow myself down on training runs, too much competitive sprinter in me. I see anyone in front or hear someone behind I speed up subconciously and my 400, 800 m days make me like the feeling of going fast a lot more than the slow. Roll eyes
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Matt, welcome to RA and best of luck as you train for your own first 26.2! As a reformed sprinter I can sympathize...I still love speedwork and long runs still freak me out a little. Grandama's sounds like a nice race. I think the MLM is about 2700, which is a little on the small side. In the past 2 years I have run the Grand Rapids HM which has ~3k marathoners and about half as many HMers, IIRC. All those runners mean that you will likely always have someone around to commiserate with--a nice thing when the going gets tough. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

seeEricaRun

Awesome

YES! Wink Dave...I actually did 16 miles in a training run for a 25k last Spring, so I know I can make it another 4 miles to 20. But that "wall" at 20 scares me. I picture myself steadily plugging away for 3.3 hours, then crashing hard! Dead
                            Congrats on signing up! I know you've been talking about this for a while. The wall is easy. You only have to do one thing: Keep the legs from stopping.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The wall is easy. You only have to do one thing: Keep the legs from stopping.
                              Yes...if there are reports of a crazy woman at the 20 mile marker in Milwaukee yelling HTFU, legs...you'll know it's me. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

You won't crassh...you are gonna run smart and at mile 20 the only thing you ave left is a 10K and you'll be able to take it one mile at a time! I'll be routing for you.
                                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)