chaffing from Garmin heart monitor (Read 3110 times)

carolynlaitsch

gramapower

Wore the PureLime compression sports bra with the cardiac monitor built in this morning for a fast 4 mile run.  It worked great!  Kept contact for the heart rate, and more importantly, I kept all of my skin!  The best price ($85) is from HeartRate Monitors USA.  My only wish is that it came in a color other than black, as it will show through light colored running shirts this summer.  

carolynlaitsch

carolynlaitsch

gramapower

I'm working with a trainer who wants me to run by % of MHR in fine increments (70 - 75%, then increase to 70-80%, 75- 85%, and finally 85-95%) with each increase in 3 week increments.  It would be impossible to do with out using a HR monitor.  I am building an aerobic base then gradually moving to strength and speed in preparation for a Boston Marathon qualifier.  The PureLime compression sports bra with cardiac connections seems to be working great.  The strap no matter what brand just rubs me raw.  Once I finish my marathon in May I'll enjoy going with out a monitor for a while.  

carolynlaitsch

@carolynlaitsch, thank you for mentioning your experiences with the PureLime HRM-bra...
        I 'm to buy this one (it seems the only one suited for the Wearlink Polar HRM available here), but (although it's a European brand) it's even more expensive here (85.00 Euro's, about $ 110).  So because of the price, I really want to here what other woman think of it!

Running in Belgium
        Ann

Elly.

I would loosen it up a little.  It doesn't have to be terribly tight.  Also, try some Body Glide on the parts where you are getting irritation.  With my Garmin 310 I have to actually use a Polar strap because the Garmin transmitter is faulty (known issue).  The Polar strap isn't too bad, but I get a little irritation where the strap fastens together.

I have a Polar and a Garmin and I have not found them to be interchangeable.  Also, When my 310xt was bought, there was no mention that transmitter was not waterproof.  So, I wore it during a triathlon, and started to get heart res of 200+ bpm.  :<

I use a Moving Comfort bra, that I think is called Vixen.  There is no metal in the bra and it is pull on, no snaps. I stick the monitor under the bra band.  I get chafing once in a while if I forget to use Body Glide.  Really, it depends on the the weather, cool and humid weather seems to be the bugaboo.  The only thing I have against the bra is that it is a bear to get off if I am sweaty .... and I'm always sweaty.  The monitor stays snug and put. 

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/