Canceled race :( (Read 150 times)

snake84

Well the title says it all. I was looking forward to doing this one with the wife and one son. They have it every year at the same time but this year it was canceled. The funds went to the local track team which my one son is a part of. Sure there would be others but this date had fit into my training cycle.

My original goal was an under 30 min. 3k. My workout time was down to a 9:40 pace over 3.25 so I was there. So just for the hell of it I locked into a slow jog pace (10:40) on Sat after leg training to see if I could hit 4 miles; mission accomplished. It's time for a week layoff from both the gym and road work. Next endeavor maybe a power lifting meet in 13 weeks but that's not for this forum. Running will take a back seat to heavy weight training but I'll be back!

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Aw, it's always a disappointment when something you've been looking forward to is canceled.  I hope you can find another race that will work for you.

snake84

Aw, it's always a disappointment when something you've been looking forward to is canceled.  I hope you can find another race that will work for you.

Thanks. Probably hit a 5k after I recover from a PL meet in July.

BeeRunB

Go run it anyway. I remember doing that once with some club members. Or run a 3k somewhere in a park and go for your best.