Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

Am I doing this right?

Yesterday, ran so far my nipples hurt for the first time (~10mi). Not only do I feel like a real runner now, but I feel a strange connection with Andrew Bernard.

I highly recommend lube of some sort.  It doesn't need to be painful.  

No excuses....

Finally, a good run.  It's been so hot and humid that last few weeks, it's made training really hard for me.  I've tried to run through it but had to walk ( I never walk).  Finally today the weather has broke a little and a gentle rain ( my favorite) was coming down and I finally ran a wopping 3.2 miles straight with no walking.  Doesn't sound like much but after the last couple of weeks I have had.  I will take it!  Looking forward to my 4:30 am run tomorrow, it's only suppose to be about 60 at that time!  Hopefully another good run, shooting for 6 miles.  Big grin

This has been a week of first for me.  On Monday I did my first two a day.  I ran 3 miles in the morning and ran another 3 in the evening and at that run a won a pair of Mizuno shoes!  Today I ran the last 10 minutes or so of my run barefoot!  I liked how I could feel different muscles working, I didn't like that the pads of my feet felt like they were burning.  I'm sure once the skin gets toughened up it will be fine.  It's been a good running week!   Cool 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Kathy, I'm glad your running is going well in spite of the heat.  How'd you win the shoes?

Take it easy on the barefoot running.  If your feet were burning, wait a couple of days before you do the next ten minutes barefoot.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Selected to be the 5:30 pacer for the Savannah Marathon November 3.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Roadrunner's Apprentice

My longest run ever - a full 10K!  Slow and steady did the job!  Feeling good.

2014 Goals:

- sub-26 5K : sub-56 10K : 1st half marathon

- Tell my excuses to shut up and lace up...

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Selected to be the 5:30 pacer for the Savannah Marathon November 3.

Congratulations Ron!

steph  

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

My longest run ever - a full 10K!  Slow and steady did the job!  Feeling good.

WTG!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Got 3rd place in M30-39 category at "Adidas King of the Road" 16.8km road race in Bangkok, Thailand.

HOWEVER - when I crossed the line the race officials failed to inform me about this, so I never got my trophy. They are supposed to identify the winners and give them a ticket for the prize. Quite annoyed with the organisers! I know I could have checked the results board (which I couldn't find anyway) but I really had no reason to suspect I'd won anything, because so many kenyans had entered and my time was 10+ minutes off the winning time.

Got that off my chest! Thanks for listening!

I had my highest mileage week ever.  I was on holiday, the weather was sunny and cool, so I logged 105 pleasant kms, including a first double -- previous high might have been around 85 kms.

Got 3rd place in M30-39 category at "Adidas King of the Road" 16.8km road race in Bangkok, Thailand.

HOWEVER - when I crossed the line the race officials failed to inform me about this, so I never got my trophy. They are supposed to identify the winners and give them a ticket for the prize. Quite annoyed with the organisers! I know I could have checked the results board (which I couldn't find anyway) but I really had no reason to suspect I'd won anything, because so many kenyans had entered and my time was 10+ minutes off the winning time.

Nice run, and congrats on the AG placing. I’ve never run a race that could identify age group placement as you crossed the line. That would be quite impressive.  

Keep running and racing like that though, and you won’t miss the plastic trophy you didn’t pick up. (they eventually end up in a box in the attic, or in a landfill, or your kids set them aflame / make parachutes for them and throw them off the roof of the house / bury them in the garden)

Well done. Keep it up. Prizes are nice, but the time's the thing - no one can bury that in the garden.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                        LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congrats!  I have left races a number of times not knowing I had won something. I could have checked, though, because AG results are generally available a few minutes after a person's finish.

The prizes were available later at the local running store.

Half Fanatic #846

This past Saturday I passed 2,000 miles of barefoot running (it's taken a couple of years to do it - I just began to wear shoes less and less). Then I realized I haven't worn shoes when out running for the last five weeks, and really don't have any particular plans to do so any time soon!

Three years ago when I ran a barefoot quarter mile for the first time, I would never have imagined that one day I could  do 14 miles without shoes and actually enjoy it!

Good Job everyone!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

This past Saturday I passed 2,000 miles of barefoot running (it's taken a couple of years to do it - I just began to wear shoes less and less). Then I realized I haven't worn shoes when out running for the last five weeks, and really don't have any particular plans to do so any time soon!

Three years ago when I ran a barefoot quarter mile for the first time, I would never have imagined that one day I could  do 14 miles without shoes and actually enjoy it!

Good Job everyone!

Wow!  Just wow!  

When I was growing up I went every where barefoot.  I only wore shoes when I absolutely had to -- school.  

I had a quarter inch of callus on my feet.  But I can't imagine doing that now!

steph  

Loggin_da_joggin

I've been fighting depression for about a year and a half now, I think this is my third try to get back into running since March, actually got out there for the second run this time even though it hurt, and am optimistic about getting out there for a half hour on Tuesday