Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I've been fighting depression for about a year and a half now, I think this is my third try to get back into running since March, actually got out there for the second run this time even though it hurt, and am optimistic about getting out there for a half hour on Tuesday

Congrats. Just hang in there.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I've been fighting depression for about a year and a half now, I think this is my third try to get back into running since March, actually got out there for the second run this time even though it hurt, and am optimistic about getting out there for a half hour on Tuesday

I wish you good luck with it!   And hope that you are "seeing someone".

steph  

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Good luck!  You don't have to run fast or far, just consistently.  When I don't feel like running, I remind myself that afterwards, I will almost certainly be glad I went.

Loggin_da_joggin

Thanks for the well wishes guys Smile  I have indeed been getting help, I want good health to stick this time! Out there again for a half hour this morning, definitely felt better than the last one so starting to get hopeful about it

With todays run, I just hit 1000 lifetime miles!  I just started running 16 months ago!  Pretty happy with that!  In that time I have trained for a ran one half marathon and I am currently training for the second one in October!  2 years ago I was 70 pounds heavier and a coach potato to say the least.  If someone had told me I would hit this goal, I would have NEVER beleived it!  Pretty darn cool!  Big grin

RuralRunner

Won a local 5K race with a time of 18:18. Not my fastest for sure, but I'm just getting back into running after about a year of haphazard training. Pretty pleased to come within 35 seconds of my PR on only 4 weeks of serious training!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

With todays run, I just hit 1000 lifetime miles!  I just started running 16 months ago!  Pretty happy with that!  In that time I have trained for a ran one half marathon and I am currently training for the second one in October!  2 years ago I was 70 pounds heavier and a coach potato to say the least.  If someone had told me I would hit this goal, I would have NEVER beleived it!  Pretty darn cool!  Big grin

Kathy, that's fantastic!  Many more happy thousands to come!

I ran a 5:08 mile last night. Haven't done a mile race since I was a kid and it was a lot of fun. Now I really want to find another one and train to break 5.

--

Nashville, TN

KSimpsonTrek

Well, this was yesterday, so I'm not sure if it counts or not:

I was rollerskiing (cross-training) on the road, and came between a Mama bear and her cubs! (Within 50-60 feet!) Sprinted away as fast as I could, ditched the bear, successfully didn't get mauled, and managed to escape/ hitch a ride home.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Well, this was yesterday, so I'm not sure if it counts or not:

I was rollerskiing (cross-training) on the road, and came between a Mama bear and her cubs! (Within 50-60 feet!) Sprinted away as fast as I could, ditched the bear, successfully didn't get mauled, and managed to escape/ hitch a ride home.

A little adrenalin can improve a workout considerably! Smile

Although this year has not been my best I crossed the 4,000 mile mark this morning. I actually had an extra tenth of a mile so I'm well on my way to 5,000.

That's not 4,000 for the year! It's since I joined RA about 3 years ago....

runrockclimb

Well this a little victory... Went for a hill repeat workout this morning and on my jog home, I realized I just felt good. The sun was shining, the temperature was perfect, and I was in tune with myself and the world around me.

Loved it!

:-)

vegefrog

The sun was shining, the temperature was perfect, and I was in tune with myself and the world around me.

Loved it!

:-)

That makes me smile Smile Love that feeling!

Roadrunner's Apprentice

I finally ran my first actual 5K race!  UNOFFICIAL results:
                              * Time - 26:35 (prior PR was 28:15)
                              * Place - 26th overall, 8th in my age group (40-49)

Don't know the size of the field, I had heard 80-100, official results to come Monday.

Great experience, and learned a few things.  My splits weren't great so I had no push at the end.  Someone caught up to me and passed me literally at the finish line, which I got a good laugh out of!  Big grin

2014 Goals:

- sub-26 5K : sub-56 10K : 1st half marathon

- Tell my excuses to shut up and lace up...

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

1st Runnerversary tomorrow:

Ran 2,222miles in my first year

Went from couldn't run 3miles to a high of 77mpw.

Decommissioned 4 pair of running shoes (350-619miles on them).

Dropped 13% of my body weight (26lbs), from 24.4 BMI to 21.1 BMI.

Feeling great.

Thanks to Eric Smile, and everyone here at RA for making it an encouraging year.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do