Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

MJ great time in the 5k, congrats!

OK a small one. Ran double digits on Sunday for the first time since half marathon over a year ago. I had a year of IT band/ hip problems that really slowed me down.(Hurt with every step).Thought it might be hip replacemnet time. I have just gotten to the point where I feel like I can run again after some rest and physical therapy. Jeeze, it's been a long time coming. Starting to think about a spring marathon.

Mostly harmless

The x-ray that I got on my foot came back negative.  It still hurts like hell and it still might be a stress fracture but I'll take small victories when I can get them.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Hollie S.

Merry Christmas!

I took 6 minutes off my 5K time this season, and shaved 3 minutes off my previous PR.

I wish I was as young as I look in the forum picture! But I'm not. :(

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

This was for last evening, but I ran further than I ever have without stopping.  2 whole miles lol.  My goal is to run my typical three mile route without stopping.  I set out to do it last night but just had to stop and walk after 2. Still I consider it to be a victory and hopefully I'll get it next time.  Woot!

Banged out that 3 mile route last night without stopping.  Avg. pace of about 11:30 per mile.  Hooray!

Amannrunner

Improved my 5k time by 1min 10 secs! went from a 27:48 to a 26:38. Yay!

Way to go Amannrunner!!!  I was just coming to post about my 5k PR too!

51 second PR, 25:59, and 4th out of 101 in AG!

Roadrunner's Apprentice

Must be the day for  5K PR's - I just shaved 0:14 off my best for a 26:21

2014 Goals:

- sub-26 5K : sub-56 10K : 1st half marathon

- Tell my excuses to shut up and lace up...

Mmmmm...beer

Ran a marathon today, well, I ran 26.25 miles on my long run, that counts, right? Smile  Went out for 20 and decided that if I felt good, I'd keep going.  Then decided to see what a marathon feels like, it's pretty tough lol Finished in 3:32:21, not bad for day 18 of my holiday streak, and my first time running more than 20 miles.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

TheHurdler

Simi Valley HS Hurdler

Ran at an allcomers track meet today and PR'd in 2 of my events, the 300m hurdles and high jump. I also won my 60m high hurdle race against tough competition! Great Day!

Prs:             Freshman         Sophomore           (Goals)

110mHH:   15.97                 15.71  (14.4)

300miH:     46.97                 46.18  (42)

HJ:               5'2                      5'4       (5'8)

5k XC:         20:26                  19:46

Even though I was injured all of last week and running on a painfully injured and cut toe Saturday, somehow I still pulled out a Personal Best at my on of my favorite yearly races, the Polar Plunge 5K, bumping my PR from 22:33 all the way down to 21:54.

Never thought I would get sub-22, so that is superb!  (I'm stoked about it:-))) )

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

UPSucks

Ran double digits for the first time ever today!  1:43:08.9 to run 10.01 miles!  Been running since the end of July.  I'll be running in my first half on my 42nd birthday in the Shamrock Half. I've been following the beginner half plan on the runkeeper app.

Today felt good.....when I finished that is!

Mostly harmless

Ran double digits for the first time ever today!  1:43:08.9 to run 10.01 miles!  Been running since the end of July.  I'll be running in my first half on my 42nd birthday in the Shamrock Half. I've been following the beginner half plan on the runkeeper app.

Today felt good.....when I finished that is!

Congrats!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Mostly harmless

I ran 18 miles yesterday with the last 12 at anywhere between 30 and 40 seconds under my target MP. Huge confidence booster!

UPSucks

Thanks!