Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Put down 255 miles for the month of March!  Nearly 50 miles over my highest monthly mileage.    

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

BeeRunB

Sunday I ran my first 50 miler. I was happy with the result, but that's not my victory. The victory was that I got out on Monday and went for a two mile shuffle/hobble/gimp at a sluggish two-minutes-per-mile slower than my 50m pace. Oopha the quads are sore.

Nice victory!

Mine was getting in a 40 minute walk and handling a cyber-crisis at the same time.

on my way to badass

First 10 mile training run done. I was really happy with my pace.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Just saw this.  Congratulations!!!  That must have been a great feeling.   You are super fast and according to your log (sometimes I stalk it ) work hard too...Kansas right now seems to be a difficult place to run with all of the wind.  It is interesting how each state has its good and "bad" seasons except for California.  We really don't have any weather excuses out here.

Age group awards are nice and all.... but there ain't nothin' like actually crossing the string. 

Since this is the official thread for bragging I can say here, and maybe only here!, that I won a half marathon today, and I had to fight hard to do it, making it all the more satisfying.  It's not a real large race, and a lot of people stay away because the weather in January in Kansas is a total crapshoot, but nevertheless I beat everyone who showed up today to race with a 28 mph (no kidding) wind blowing out of the NW.  Mostly it was at our back, but there were about 4 miles net where we had to run west, including the final mile, and it was a mother.  And the course is very hilly to boot. Feelin' good this evening.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

Great job.  The first 10 miler is always a huge accomplishment.

First 10 mile training run done. I was really happy with my pace.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

Cyberic

Been running for a little less than two years now. Wondered how old I'd be when I'd first beat my age at 10k (if ever). Well that was today. Ran a 42:24 10k at age 44.

cschuldt

First time posting here.

I ran a marathon this morning. My first one.

3:51:17

I'm very pleased with myself right now.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WTG

: Cyberic99 & cschuldt

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

8 hours of pure fun. No one older ran more miles. That's a 1st. My recovery must be going better than I imagined.OK, it took me 7:57:58. There was only one other person still standing. 37.74 miles

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=693105967414752&set=a.375377145854304.84698.100001460651440&type=1&relevant_count=1

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Cool Jump Suit

Great job!  

8 hours of pure fun. No one older ran more miles. That's a 1st. My recovery must be going better than I imagined.OK, it took me 7:57:58. There was only one other person still standing. 37.74 miles

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=693105967414752&set=a.375377145854304.84698.100001460651440&type=1&relevant_count=1

So bittersweet,
                      This tragedy
                      Won't ask for absolution;
                      This melody,
                      Inside of me,
                      Still searches for solution.
                      A twist of faith,
                      A change of heart
                      Cures my infatuation.
                      A broken heart, 
                      Provides the spark
                      For my determination.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congrats Ron!

steph  

joescott

8 hours of pure fun. No one older ran more miles.

Nice!!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

BeeRunB

Ron, you're amazing, dude! That's a great achievement. Be proud! 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

First time posting here.

I ran a marathon this morning. My first one.

3:51:17

I'm very pleased with myself right now.

...as you should be.  Congratulations!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Runnerclay, that is amazing!  Congratulations!