Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

hectortrojan

I took a day off today.

juniordo1

Following a prolonged battle with sciatica, I ran 3 pain free miles today. It was sunny and 57 and I was the idiot smiling the whole way!

2013 -Sub 2:00 for 1/2 marathon

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Following a prolonged battle with sciatica, I ran 3 pain free miles today. It was sunny and 57 and I was the idiot smiling the whole way!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Total---81.5 PB Week

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

My amazing 10 year old daughter impresses again with an 18:37 5K. She ran an 18:05, 2 weeks ago but the course wasn't certified and it may have been short, the 18:37 was a USATF sanctioned race with a certified course and she blazed it. She turns 11 Saturday.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

My amazing 10 year old daughter impresses again with an 18:37 5K. She ran an 18:05, 2 weeks ago but the course wasn't certified and it may have been short, the 18:37 was a USATF sanctioned race with a certified course and she blazed it. She turns 11 Saturday.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Runslowalksalot

Great 10 k time!   At the race where I set my over 40 PR about a month ago, the winning man had a similar time!!!!

So for today, I rarely run 2 consecutive days, but the wife has suspected PF SO I did an easy4 in her place yesterday, the day after 1200s and the day before an 8 mile marathon pace run for me, 2 tough workouts on tired leg and I felt great on my MP run!!!!  That's 2 hard runs with an easy 4 in-between.   I'm learning that running  consecutive days can make the next run better, without the rest, just an easy day in between!

I caught up with the pace bunny! I set an annual goal of 500 miles and thought I was nuts for going so. Today I crossed 400 miles and passed my pace bunny. Woohoo!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I caught up with the pace bunny! I set an annual goal of 500 miles and thought I was nuts for going so. Today I crossed 400 miles and passed my pace bunny. Woohoo!

Congrats. That Bunny can be a beast!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congrats!  You're gonna make it.  Maybe you'll even get ambitious and pick a faster bunny next year.

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

Ran my first set of back to back races and one was a PR!

Ran a 5k on Saturday at a hard effort (but not all-out) and then a 10k on Sunday and set a PR for the 10k. Granted, I'd only raced that distance 7 times before and 4 of those times were in triathlons, but still pleased to be able to set a new PR at the age of 60!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Ran my first set of back to back races and one was a PR!

Ran a 5k on Saturday at a hard effort (but not all-out) and then a 10k on Sunday and set a PR for the 10k. Granted, I'd only raced that distance 7 times before and 4 of those times were in triathlons, but still pleased to be able to set a new PR at the age of 60!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

MorisetteStevens

Great Job Everyone! 

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Reached a monthly mileage high I would have believed impossible a few months ago. 300. 2 miles.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Reached a monthly mileage high I would have believed impossible a few months ago. 300. 2 miles.

Good for you Ron!

steph