Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

pedaling fool

I can finally run down hills without the extreme jarring effect. Ever since I first started running hills I found it relatively easy to run up them, but the downhills were killer. I started back up yesterday with my first hill run in nearly a year (first hill run was in 2012) and to my surprise it was easy going downhill. Ran again today even further and again it was easy except for the last up and down, so I'll take tomorrow off, just to be on the safe side.

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

Reached a monthly mileage high I would have believed impossible a few months ago. 300. 2 miles.

Wow! 

MazyRuns

I ran my first half marathon yesterday!  I went in with a goal of 1:40, but not really knowing what I could pull off. I finished with a 1:35:47!  I'm so pleased :-)

5K--19:01  10k--40:40   half--1:35:47   full--3:17.28

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I ran my first half marathon yesterday!  I went in with a goal of 1:40, but not really knowing what I could pull off. I finished with a 1:35:47!  I'm so pleased :-)

Congrats!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I can finally run down hills without the extreme jarring effect. Ever since I first started running hills I found it relatively easy to run up them, but the downhills were killer. I started back up yesterday with my first hill run in nearly a year (first hill run was in 2012) and to my surprise it was easy going downhill. Ran again today even further and again it was easy except for the last up and down, so I'll take tomorrow off, just to be on the safe side

Good to take a rest day. Downhills are not my friend.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

pedaling fool

Good to take a rest day. Downhills are not my friend.

I took yesterday off and was planning to take today off, but I'm feeling surprisingly good and after watching the NYC marathon, I'm pumped and want to go out running...real bad... However, I'm going to practice some self-control and do some yard/garden work

Nashville Dog Runner

Ran

www.nashvilledogrunner.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Brag on my daughter's HS cross country team - they won the state championship yesterday!  The boys' team has been consistently successful, but it's the first title for the girls' team since 2001.  They had three girls defect from soccer  to XC this year - two of them came in #1 and #2 in the race.

Ran an unofficial half marathon PR split during yesterday's marathon pace long run.  That at the end of my biggest mileage week of the year is a real confidence booster.  Marathon training is going to pay off in January.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Brag on my daughter's HS cross country team - they won the state championship yesterday!  The boys' team has been consistently successful, but it's the first title for the girls' team since 2001.  They had three girls defect from soccer  to XC this year - two of them came in #1 and #2 in the race.

Congrats

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Ran an unofficial half marathon PR split during yesterday's marathon pace long run.  That at the end of my biggest mileage week of the year is a real confidence booster.  Marathon training is going to pay off in January.

Great the training is paying off.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Miles 4 Maria 24 hour

80.5 miles

3rd highest milesl

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Miles 4 Maria 24 hour

80.5 miles

3rd highest milesl

Yes, this is amazing, runnerclay!  Congrats!

Miles 4 Maria 24 hour

80.5 miles

3rd highest milesl

Congrats.  I've been watching your training with those huge B2B long runs and am impressed with the work you put into this.  Amazing achievement!

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Miles 4 Maria 24 hour

80.5 miles

3rd highest milesl

pretty damn incredible.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do