Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

My running partner!

I shaved almost 7 minutes off my previous PR for a 5 mile race!  Still slow compared with the rest, but getting better.  
    Kat
      Don't cut yourself short & compare yourself to others, you are out there doing it & that's what is important!  With that said, it still feels good to get a new PR doesn't it?  and 7 minutes too, wow!  great job & very impressive improvement.   You went out & "just did it"
      runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Run a 10k this morning. TO prediction 51:17. Time 50:29. Would have liked to have gone <50:00

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

RunsForCake

Ha!   My first check in for the New Year! 

I had an awesome run on Thursday and today!

It is amazing to me how much faster I can run on the roads compared to the treadmill.

Now that I'm over my illness I'm going to harden up and try and get at least 2 out of my 4 weekly runs done outside.

Great job everybody and Happy Running in 2010!

Loves the outdoors

Way to go Justdidit! That's an impressive improvement on your PR Smile

Runnerclay, Brilliant run!  That sub 50 looks very close Smile

It's the middle of Summer and it's been 12degC with gale force winds and rain Sad Despite that I went out and even almost enjoyed my run. Yay me Smile  And my running pants are starting to fall down during my run, not something to normally celebrate but it's concrete proof of my decreasing size!

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

Mariposai

Skied for 2:50 hours and I fell down only six times....it was icy in places and a black level run. XC skiing is fun.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Jeno

I just ran my first 10 mile race. Very slowly but I did it. I think this puts me in a good position for a half marathon.

Just a dude.

Well, I only started running last month...

But... Today I ran my 100th mile (and my 101st, and my 102nd) and this week, I broke 20 for the week.

So... um... Yay!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

I stepped on the scale this morning and nearly fell over. I was looking at numbers that I haven't seen in 20+ years............199.0

only 24 more to go and I'll be at my HS wrestling weight.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Today I finished my first 5K. I had a goal time of under 30 min. Finished at 33:15 but didn't have to walk (which was another goal). Got second in my age group, and won a $50 gift card to a local restaurant! Great experience! Next race on Feb 13!!
                      runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats to all!

Small victory **15 miles and no real knee pain. Marathon in 56 days. ING ATL

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Beware, batbear...

Big Victory -- Finished my first 10K and was over a minute and a half under my goal time of 54.  I was hoping to hit between 54 and 57 and I hit 52:25.  I also went out WAY too fast and still managed to make it under the goal time. 

Small victory - cleaned the house, and got an hour and a half nap in to boot.  Heading to a party when I get off work.  A 70s themed event...

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

Eternal Rookie

FiveFingering the 11.2

I went minimalist on hallowed ground yesterday. My goals were to finish (longest FF run to date was 7 miles) and if possible run strong.  I accomplished both. 1:28:05. Now while my best shodded time is about 45 seconds per mile faster, I’m still in come back mode after my 3 months off.

This is why the course is special to me, read running the 11.2:

http://harpethhillsmarathon.com/

Outside Lane

Over 40 F in northern Illinois this morning.  Got a call from my brother to go running outside (have been on the treadmill for a couple of months now) - and had a great 4 mile run on the road.  I look forward to getting outside some more.   First outside run of 2010 for me - woo hoo!

See how they run...

Ran my first Half Marathon (Aramco Houston Half Marathon) last week in 1:38:53.