Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

mikeymike

This morning's 18+ miler makes Thunder's 18-miler from yesterday look like child's play.

Runners run

broke 30 miles (33) this week for 2nd time out of last 3 weeks. middle week was a recovery/taper week for a race.  Also broke 100 monthly miles for 2nd mth in a row.  Still have one more day to add on.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

farthest run yet, 8.9 mi @14:40 pace in prep for 15k on Labor day 8 days from now. Need to build slowly to half distance for race 11/8.

bob e v
        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

AXes

First half marathon this morning! (Spirit of Columbus) Watch time was1:56 and change.  Goal was to finish and feel good.  Secret goal was sub 2 hours.   Was pretty nervous, but succeeded in goal of running the first 7 easy, then adjusting according to how I felt.  Can't wait for the next one!

Thanks to everyone here for sharing their know-how.

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff

jpdeaux

I ran a 5K PR today of 19:07, 50 seconds faster than I've ever done, at the Marcia Lemkin 5K in Lowell, MA.

Also my 100th day in a row running.

There may be a connection.

(Mikeymike, I would have kept up with one of your fastest miles, two even. Whull, yeah, you did 18 miles and I did 3, but still.)

Outside Lane

I ran today - small victory for me....

See how they run...

TravelBug

I ran today-even though my mp3 player DIED after my warm up...I still ran.
                RunsForCake

I ran today - small victory for me....

Small or big...we celebrate them all!

WTG!

My first 20 mile week ever.  Whoo hoo!

I really did not want to get up and run this morning - but I did with the promise that I only had to do a 5 miler for my long run. After 5 I felt pretty good, so I did 8! I wanted very badly to see a 20 mile week in my log. I believe I have become a slave to my log. It looks so, so...  consistent.

KBT

Easily Amused

I ran in the rain. I HATE water splashing in my face, but it was my run day, so I sucked it up and ran in the rain.
                      My blog: http://www.follyorfeasible.com
                      Two Catz

Big PB on the monthly distance front - 310k for August whoo hooo
                        Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. Bill Shankly, In Sunday Times (UK) Oct. 4 1981

beatlemaniac (so am I),  travelbug,  lakerunner5, kbt,

You are my idols and inspiration!

oh by the way, ran 9.1+ (?) miles today for longest continuous run in over 25 yrs!

I must say this thread helped last Thursday get out and run. 

Was in a middle of two weeks of scheduling hell (2 mini vacations/Out of town Wedding, wife going back to work, watching kids / driving to all events, etc) and felt really crappy with a cold.  I started the day as "screw it ... my week is all ready F$%#&*, I should just rest". 

Then read this thread and got out and ran 6 miserable miles (I really did feel sick and should not have been running and almost puked at one point), felt like last 6 miles of a marathon ,but I did get out and that was my small victory for two bad weeks.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

RunsForCake

I must say this thread helped last Thursday get out and run. 

Was in a middle of two weeks of scheduling hell (2 mini vacations/Out of town Wedding, wife going back to work, watching kids / driving to all events, etc) and felt really crappy with a cold.  I started the day as "screw it ... my week is all ready F$%#&*, I should just rest". 

Then read this thread and got out and ran 6 miserable miles (I really did feel sick and should not have been running and almost puked at one point), felt like last 6 miles of a marathon ,but I did get out and that was my small victory for two bad weeks.

^5  But not on the almost puking part. 

Way to go skydog! I have my sights set on a 9 mile run in a few weeks.

And a shout out for all of us who run when we feel like crap - I had one of those today, but I said at least I'm not sick too like Buckeye!