Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

Ran my first HM yesterday     And without walking, which surprises me a little bit, as my longest run was only 16 kms and that is more than one month ago.

One day the world will be ready for you and wonder how they didn't see.

Outside Lane

Did my favorite run around the lake today - about 4.5 miles - beautiful day.  Starting to get back into it now....

Congrats on the HM to greylock - way to go!

See how they run...

Ran a 20k and didn't feel like dying at the end of it.

sefkhet.

yep that's what it's all about, breaking new boundaries however small or large, breaking through those mental barriers as well!

yea, you guys motivate me!!  just got back from my longest run in both duration & distance in over 25 yrs!  whoo hoo.   approx 9.7 miles, 93 mins.  & then topped off with a 1.62 mile run/walk lake loop for over 115 mins & 11 miles total!!  goal is run 1/2 next Spring in around 2 hrs.  getting closer & lots of time left.
              I just completed my 14th day in a row of running --- getting a running streak going.....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Menace to Sobriety

At 6:00 AM tripped and fell on the road this morning and bloodied a knee at mile 4. Got up and ran 4 more.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

RunsForCake

At 6:00 AM tripped and fell on the road this morning and bloodied a knee at mile 4. Got up and ran 4 more.

Hardcore!  I love it!

No running victory today as it was a cross training day but I did get out of bed at 4:15 AM to head to the gym even though I didn't want to. 

Nice, man.  Plus, you were out and running at 5:30. Not too shabby. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I ran a total of 9.11k today in rememberance of 9/11.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Did better in my 10k today than I thought I would!! Planned on a 56:00 and got 54:42(8:49 pace)!! New PR for me(first 10k though hehe). Thanks Mikey and Jeff for convincing me to run by feel. I've been getting faster the past month and I think that's a big reason. I still had some left since I backed off a bit until the end since these races are new territory to me.
                        RunsForCake

Awesome Burnt Toast!

WTG Marktman!

I've got a couple of victories to post. 

Thursday, and all you speedy types try not to chuckle too hard,  I did my first ever 1 mile interval during a training run under 10:00!  Granted it was 9:59 but I'll take it. 

Just in today from my longest run ever...13.30 miles! 

Now the big question for the day...beer or wine later? 

Outside Lane

Around the lake again - this time with my daughter chasing/pacing me on a bike - shaved over 4 min off my time on a 4.42m route!  I will call this one a tempo run!  Another beautiful day here in northern Illinois.    Most MPW since April.  Can feel the PF is now fading away after cutting back for a few months....  woo hoo!

See how they run...

keeponrunning

ran for 60 min without stopping.....and did it at 5:14 per km or something.  Woooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!  and i didn't die at the end either- actually felt pretty good.  Then i celebrated with a second piece of b-day cake! 

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Former runner

Had my first run in three weeks today. I have my next half in two weeks so I'm glad to get in a few miles after an annoying muscle tear. I was hoping for a PR but at this point I settle for being able to run it.

Ross