Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

New Half Marathon PR today.  Finished in 1:45:20.  Didn't quite break the 8min/mile pace I wanted, but I soundly beat my old PR of 1:53!
      awesome, spectacturly!
      britgirl-in-usa

Good job to everyone, big and small accomplishments, it all adds up! I ran my longest run ever today - 15 miles in 2:14:23! Only 11 more miles to go!! Yikes! (my marathon is in 4 weeks!)
          Been doing c25k on and off since June.  Hit the 5k mark yesterday 

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

RunsForCake

Great job everybody!

I've got nothing small or big to report.  Just slogging along and rebuilding base but this thread inspires me to keep on going!

RunsForCake

4 minute 10k PR today!    1:00:18 and Garmin and chip exactly the same...how often does that happen? 

But talk about going out too fast and falling apart...check out my splits...*snort*  I need to learn how to slow the "F" down while racing. 

Type Distance Time Total Time Pace Avg HR Max HR Notes
              Interval 1 Mi 9:05:19 9:05:19 9:05:19      
              Interval 1 Mi 9:12:09 18:17:28 9:12:09      
              Interval 1 Mi 9:33:17 27:50:45 9:33:17      
              Interval 1 Mi 9:48:21 37:39:06 9:48:21      
              Interval 1 Mi 10:00:37 47:39:43 10:00:37      
              Interval 1 Mi 10:09:18 57:49:01 10:09:18      
              Interval 0.28 Mi 2:32:25 60:21:26 9:04:21

Total Field place of 523 out of 1007.  No gender or age group breakdown on the race results. Just the entire field. Weird.

congrats on the pr RFC!    too bad you dont live in the Seattle area.  just heard of a Nov. trail race called Mud & Chocolate where they have chocolate aid stations, chocolate medals, & drawings for ..... you guessed it, chocolate.  You could change your name to Runsforchocolate.  My small victory today was hitting the 30mpw again after sufferring what turned out to be a minor soleus tear on last mile of my 8k last Sat. (still had pr) took 2 days off & have been doing some treatment each day this week.  Was very concerned but appears to be ok afterall.  5 days to hit 30mpw, usually takes 6 days.
                  I just surpassed the 100 mile per month mark AND second week in a row of 30 plus for the week.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Hit 91 miles this month.  That's the most since April 2008.  Between health issues and work, it's been a crazy year and a half.
                    "If I control myself, I control my destiny."
                      great job burnt!  same to you cs, & great consistency!   keep it up through fall & winter

Maniac

My run last night put me at 101 miles for the month.  My first 100+ mile month ever.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

My run last night put me at 101 miles for the month.  My first 100+ mile month ever.

Nice one azredbirds052!

My run this morning took me to 108.6m miles for Septmeber my highest monthly total ever too!

.... and my fourth consecutuve 100+ mile month. Most consistent I have ever been. Woo hoo!

2017 Goals
                          1) Run more than 231 miles
                          2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I ran 100 miles in September, the first time I've done that since last October.  Now I just have to keep the miles going!

great job everyone!!,, whoo hoo

guess I'll have to throw my small victory into the hat as well.  Today's run put me over 100+ 3mths in row & Sept. (123.6) highest in my 2nd career as a runner.  I'll be 54 on Friday.  RA & this thread definitely motivating me.

she runs like a girl

On Sunday, I ran a PB in Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Half Marathon by nearly 6 minutes!

And recently went over 1000 miles this year Smile

2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"