Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

Marylander

Well, I've got some cold symptoms coming on so I'm thinking my 200 miles was maybe on the edge a bit. Perhaps I should eat some vegetables or something... Wink

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Organized a team and ran the 78-mile Market to Market Relay from Omaha to Lincoln today.  Great fun!

MTA:  Organizing it was a year-long process, because we had to be volunteers last year to earn a team entry this year.

Well, I've got some cold symptoms coming on so I'm thinking my 200 miles was maybe on the edge a bit. Perhaps I should eat some vegetables or something... Wink

Try some Black Elderberry Extract. Take 1 tsp every few hours. My coach recommended it to me and I've had good luck with it in terms of prevention and recovery.

But, you should still eat your veggies, or something :-) 

Marylander

Ah, I will check out the black elderberry extract for next time. Thanks! My nose has stopped running today so I guess the rest of me can get back to running more.

Current running streak hit 100 today. Nothing compared to these folks.

Get off my porch

Obligatory mention of *the* streak: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Hill#Streak

obiebyke

After 12 weeks of recovering from a three-metatarsal foot break, I went for a jog/walk today. I'm a long way off my old fitness standard, but happy to be able to get my heart rate up again. And the foot feels fine. Yay!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Bryan Castro

After eating a fairly nutritious lunch of salmon, spinach, brown rice, and pineapple, I resisted the temptation of finishing my son's fries and chicken fingers!

I usually fail in this regard, but today I told myself I wasn't going to spoil the delicious and healthy lunch with a little junk. Of course, the next step is to get my kids to eat better, but I figured I'd get consistent myself first.

2011-2012 Running Goals

5K under 22:00

8K under 37:30 (in 2011)

HM under 1:51:00

Complete Marathon

Ah, I will check out the black elderberry extract for next time. Thanks! My nose has stopped running today so I guess the rest of me can get back to running more.

Don't run too much.  I have been trying to catch up to your mileage for about a month!!!

And while I will get 26.2 on Sunday, this week has been a taper week and most of next week will be recovery!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Bryan Castro

After 12 weeks of recovering from a three-metatarsal foot break, I went for a jog/walk today. I'm a long way off my old fitness standard, but happy to be able to get my heart rate up again. And the foot feels fine. Yay!

Good to hear.

2011-2012 Running Goals

5K under 22:00

8K under 37:30 (in 2011)

HM under 1:51:00

Complete Marathon

Outside Lane

Not having the best running year - but today is a beautiful Fall day in Illinois - got out for a 3 mile run and enjoyed it.  Small victory!

See how they run...

Marylander

Don't run too much.  I have been trying to catch up to your mileage for about a month!!!

And while I will get 26.2 on Sunday, this week has been a taper week and most of next week will be recovery!

Hmm, it would be easier for me to be sympathetic if you ran slower. So, do a solid couple months of slower running and I'll consider not running too much. Wink

Marylander

Nice streak. I just hit 100 myself. Thus far I have found streaking to be highly motivating... Wink I am finally turning the corner from running just for my daughter to running for myself too.

Today, I slayed the pace bunny to acheive my 1000 mile goal for the year, with a couple of months to spare.

Today, I slayed the pace bunny to acheive my 1000 mile goal for the year, with a couple of months to spare.

Congrats on getting the bunny killed!  I'm planning to run him down in the next month, myself--I hope it feels as good for you to smash that barrier as I think it must!

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                                Emil Zatopek