Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

KirkRoy, its amazing to see you streak. Wink  100 days is an awesome achievement!

rgilbert, pace bunny stew IS pretty satisfying.  You'll crush that and then some.  Wow...seeing how you've been amping up the mileage....you are a beast.  Keep it up.

Ran 5.5 miles today in windy/drizzly conditions.  It is the longest distance I have run since my knee injury.  I wanted to keep going but with the knee feeling a little weak, decided to cash it in.  Still happy with the run! 

sincerely silly

Ran 5.5 miles today in windy/drizzly conditions.  It is the longest distance I have run since my knee injury.  I wanted to keep going but with the knee feeling a little weak, decided to cash it in.  Still happy with the run! 

Nice!  I love drizzle.  And congrats on the long run. :-) I still haven't gotten that far without walking a ton.

I PR-ed in a 5k today!  Not by as much as I had hoped since I felt more prepared for this 5k than any other in the past but I'm trying to focus on the fact that my 5k around this time last year about 5-6 minutes slower.  :-)

(just checked my official time! I finally got it under 30 min by a few seconds! a victory for this n00b. and now I'll go back to never citing a pace or time again...I'll leave that to the fast people =P)

shin splints are my nemesis

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Kathy -smart move.

muroo-congrats.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Nice!  I love drizzle.  And congrats on the long run. :-) I still haven't gotten that far without walking a ton.

I PR-ed in a 5k today!  Not by as much as I had hoped since I felt more prepared for this 5k than any other in the past but I'm trying to focus on the fact that my 5k around this time last year about 5-6 minutes slower.  :-)

(just checked my official time! I finally got it under 30 min by a few seconds! a victory for this n00b. and now I'll go back to never citing a pace or time again...I'll leave that to the fast people =P)

Great job on the PR.  I'm looking for a few 5K's to get into this fall.  I would like to see where I'm at.  Last 5K race I ran was July 3rd.  I'm a lot faster now.  Bet I can shave 4 to 5 minutes off.  Still not under the 30 mark yet, but probably 32 - 33 ish. 

In my book your PR is a huge victory!  Celebrate!

Kathy,  great decision & self-control on keeping at 5.5! already your longest run in awhile, no need to push any further.  I've been dealing with PF for awhile now & last Sunday did nearly 9 (had been doing 15-20 on Sundays before PF really started to be issue) because I was feeling pretty good.  bad move as really suffered next 2 days.   now just running daily & slow/short & will pull up early if any signs of problems. consistency in just getting out there most days & not worry about pace is always the way the go when starting up after any type of layoff-especially if from any type of injury.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Victory: sub-4 today off of no training and no planning.  Bam!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats! Youth will let you get away with so much.Big grin

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Good on you!

lizardmn

I ran my 3rd half marathon today at Newport with a substantial PR and my first sub-2 hour time. Also, ran my fastest 5K time since high school on Wednesday. I've reached the threshold where week to week I'm noticeably getting faster.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I accidentally set a 5K PR yesterday.  Since I gave blood last week, I cut back from the 15K race to the 5K race, and resolved to take it easy.  I thought I was taking it easy, other than maintaining a fast cadence.  So much for my resolution.

sincerely silly

I ran my 3rd half marathon today at Newport with a substantial PR and my first sub-2 hour time. Also, ran my fastest 5K time since high school on Wednesday. I've reached the threshold where week to week I'm noticeably getting faster.

Congrats all around!

I also do my PRs "since high school".  I think I was at least 20 pounds lighter amongst other things.  Oh, the old days! :-)

shin splints are my nemesis

Cool Jump Suit

At long last I have found the time to squeeze in 200 miles in a month.  Just barely as I had to hand out candy to munchkins for several hours.  Got it in with two and half hours to spare.  Very happy!  Big grin

So bittersweet,
                            This tragedy
                            Won't ask for absolution;
                            This melody,
                            Inside of me,
                            Still searches for solution.
                            A twist of faith,
                            A change of heart
                            Cures my infatuation.
                            A broken heart, 
                            Provides the spark
                            For my determination.