Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

atomno2

Yesterday I had my 1st (this iteration) sub 10 mile pace for a long run. I did 15 miles and ended up with a 9:56 pace.  Since this was a MP training run, I was to only run 10 miles at MP.  I was very happy with my workout.  I think I am well on my way to my 1st Marathon!!

Not that I am fast but--

Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner, forty-two losers. I eat losers for breakfast. Breakfast? Maybe I should have had breakfast? Brekkie could be good for me. No, no, no, focus. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning.” — Lightning McQueen

Had my longest run today--31 miles!  I'm calling it my couch-to-50K plan.  Started running seven months ago to the day...

First half of it was on some really, really brutal trails, too!

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
      Emil Zatopek

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats. Atomno2 and Rgilbert

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

atomno2

Congrats. Atomno2 and Rgilbert

Thanks

Not that I am fast but--

Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner, forty-two losers. I eat losers for breakfast. Breakfast? Maybe I should have had breakfast? Brekkie could be good for me. No, no, no, focus. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning.” — Lightning McQueen

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

10 mile race PR - under 1:25.  Matched my 8:30 pace from the 12k two weeks ago.   I'm very happy with the results.  Smile

Bill Wagnon / stl

drrbradford

Did a very pleasing rep session of 5 x 1600m after a couple of weeks of feeling like death. Iron supplements for the win.

At the end of my 11 mile long run this morning, my 2011 total hit 1500 miles. And there is still a week left.

The "easy 10" this morning pushed me to my first 200 mile month.  Along the way, I also enjoyed seeing my first 50+ mile weeks.  Plus, I don't feel run down at all...in fact, everything feels pretty good.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats MrRipper and jeffbf !

The bunny has been vanquished. 2000.3 miles.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Thanks runnerclay. You had a great year. Here's hoping the trail doesn't run out for many years.

Thanks!  Way to slay the 2k wabbit!!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

10 mile race PR - under 1:25.  Matched my 8:30 pace from the 12k two weeks ago.   I'm very happy with the results.  Smile

Congrats.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Today's run puts me at 651 miles this year.

My goal was 600, stretch goal 650.

Small victory compared to a lot of mileage around here, but I'm happy!

Here's to a higher target and total next year!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Awesome Meg - Great job! Cool progression over the last 4 year too! Smile

2017 Goals
                              1) Run more than 231 miles
                              2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Today's run puts me at 651 miles this year.

My goal was 600, stretch goal 650.

Small victory compared to a lot of mileage around here, but I'm happy!

Here's to a higher target and total next year!

Congrats. You set a goal and surpassed  your ultimate goal .WTG.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter