Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Today's run puts me at 651 miles this year.

My goal was 600, stretch goal 650.

Small victory compared to a lot of mileage around here, but I'm happy!

Here's to a higher target and total next year!

Very good and congratulations to you Meg!

steph  

vegefrog

Just completed my first 100 mile month!!! Big grin

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WTG!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I ran a two miler today. It was my first run after a few weeks off for surgery. If I can squeeze out a 5 miler tomorrow I can hit a nice round number for 2011. I hope everyone is ready for a fantastic 2012!

wtg +1

now time to start stringing a few of those together!

so my big victory of the day is sort of a reverse victory.   I am NOT going to beat the pace bunny this year.  whoo hoo for me!   the reason that this is a victory is that it shows that I have been able to "control" my obsession of numbers.  In my training for Nov marathon (dns) I became obsessed with hitting certain #'s-weekly & monthly miles, 2000 yrly miles, 3 hr training runs etc.etc.   this obsession lead to breakdown (dreaded PF) 2 mths out from goal marathon.  I came close to beating the bunny & could have done so but at risk of hampering recovery. Focus last few mths has been on going easier & have full recovery from PF (at about 80 % right now) to  start out 2012 with a more balanced plan.   Does this make sense to anyone??  anybody relate to this??

By the hair of my chinny chin chin, I just logged my 1000th mile.   It was just a few weeks ago that I had 77 miles to go, and just decided to go for it.  It wasn't pretty, but I did it. I have not done this in about 4 years.   Next year, I plan to be ahead of the bunny, and not just finishing on the last day of the year!!!!

- Anya

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

so my big victory of the day is sort of a reverse victory.   I am NOT going to beat the pace bunny this year.  whoo hoo for me!   the reason that this is a victory is that it shows that I have been able to "control" my obsession of numbers.  In my training for Nov marathon (dns) I became obsessed with hitting certain #'s-weekly & monthly miles, 2000 yrly miles, 3 hr training runs etc.etc.   this obsession lead to breakdown (dreaded PF) 2 mths out from goal marathon.  I came close to beating the bunny & could have done so but at risk of hampering recovery. Focus last few mths has been on going easier & have full recovery from PF (at about 80 % right now) to  start out 2012 with a more balanced plan.   Does this make sense to anyone??  anybody relate to this??

Smart move. A lesson most of us need to learn.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

By the hair of my chinny chin chin, I just logged my 1000th mile.   It was just a few weeks ago that I had 77 miles to go, and just decided to go for it.  It wasn't pretty, but I did it. I have not done this in about 4 years.   Next year, I plan to be ahead of the bunny, and not just finishing on the last day of the year!!!!

Congrats.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Finished up the year with an awesome progression run.  6 miles at my steady pace of ~8:30, then 1 mile fast but controlled in 6:50.

This run was my first 7-miler, my first run over an hour in length, and ended my first 100-mile month.  Here's to an exciting 2012!

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

Future Goals: 5:30 mile • 19:30 5k • 33:30 8k • 42:00 10k • 1:15:00 10-mile • 1:40:00 half-marathon • 1000 miles

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Finished up the year with an awesome progression run.  6 miles at my steady pace of ~8:30, then 1 mile fast but controlled in 6:50.

This run was my first 7-miler, my first run over an hour in length, and ended my first 100-mile month.  Here's to an exciting 2012!

Congrats

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congratulations!  

steph  

BeeRunB

A victorious year in terms of running, and a victorious day in terms of creativity. Managed to come back pretty far this year, despite 7 weeks of missed running and aerobic system killing high-stress due to illness and death in the family. Won two age-group trophies including a first place (which means I entered an alternate universe this year) . Today, after much planning and hard work,  I launched a new running, athlete oriented comic strip. I wish everyone here at RA the best of years. And if 2012 is indeed the year of the apocalypse, then go out in a blaze of athletic, creative, and loving glory! Cool

--Jimmy

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

A victorious year in terms of running, and a victorious day in terms of creativity. Managed to come back pretty far this year, despite 7 weeks of missed running and aerobic system killing high-stress due to illness and death in the family. Won two age-group trophies including a first place (which means I entered an alternate universe this year) . Today, after much planning and hard work,  I launched a new running, athlete oriented comic strip. I wish everyone here at RA the best of years. And if 2012 is indeed the year of the apocalypse, then go out in a blaze of athletic, creative, and loving glory! Cool

--Jimmy

Congrats Jimmy.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Hey Jimmy,  are we going to see more of that comic strip??  hope so, looks great  &  #42   "The meaning of life"  intentional?