Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

RunsForCake

WTG everybody!

*claps*

Today, I completed my 35th day in a row --- with out missing my run one time..............I like this running every day stuff....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Runner

Just got run split for half Iron I did on hard course: 1:36:15 (10th fastest) Swim was bad/very slow or I'd have been a lot better than 36th place.

2010 Races: Snicker's Marathon(2:58:38), Scenic City Trail Marathon(3:26:36), Laurel Highlands Ultra 77(19:13:44), Ironman Louisville(13:07:07) 2011 Races: Mount Cheaha 50k 5:22:47, Tobacco Road Marathon, Mohican 100 Miler

Maniac

Awesome job everyone!!  You/we are all doing great!

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

Marylander

Today, I completed my 35th day in a row --- with out missing my run one time..............I like this running every day stuff....

After reading this I went and checked mine. I've done 14 in a row so far. I hadn't really meant to but now that I think about it I just might try to get out there every day too...

Kirk

redleaf

I am housesitting for my parents so I am back in the old 'hood. I went for a run yesterday and ran two pretty big hills (one I forgot about, one I was building to). I made it up both Smile

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

After reading this I went and checked mine. I've done 14 in a row so far. I hadn't really meant to but now that I think about it I just might try to get out there every day too...

Kirk

I didnt mean to either --- but now I am kind of getting into my streak....

Champions are made when no one is watching

jeffdonahue

I didnt mean to either --- but now I am kind of getting into my streak....

Maybe come check out our group at

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/mileaday/

Jeff

way to go everyone.... great results!

time to pat myself on the back.....hope I don't pull a muscle

September was my first 200 mile month.  I had 3 50 mile weeks in there....

First marathon is on October 18.

Outside Lane

Longest run for me since April today!  6.7 miles - felt great.  Fall is definitely coming in Northern Illinois - leaves are staring to change/fall and lots of rain and cool weather in the past week..  Kinda cool today - but a great day for running.

See how they run...

RunsForCake

Lots of great running here! 

My victory today is I did 11.03 miles on the treadmill today.  It was cold and rainy and I know I should have sucked it up and ran outside but I didn't.  And the Gods were laughing at me because about 1/2 hour into the run on the treadmill it stopped raining  

The longest treadmill run I've done since Spring 2008. 

And because there is zero air flow at the gym I sucked down 40 oz of liquids and 1 apple jolly rancher and didn't even need to take a bathroom break. 

Oh, and I was a human salt lick from all the sweating. 

Today I ran 8 miles, longest distance I've ever ran in my life.  I really wanted to skip the long run due to traveling late last night.  Beautiful weather helped- 52° F when I started (2 weeks ago it was 92° F) at 10 am.

ran 10k pr yesterday in my 2nd career as runner, 2 days after 54th b'day..  longest "race" in over 25 yrs. 1st mile 8:30, ran last 5+ around 7:30 or so for 47:30.  Not earthshattering but improving & will be faster next one!  Race put me over 30 miles for week which is what have been averaging recently, so race was done with basically no taper except taking Sat. off.   good test for tuture races.
                            runnerclay

Consistently Slow

ran 10k pr yesterday in my 2nd career as runner, 2 days after 54th b'day..  longest "race" in over 25 yrs. 1st mile 8:30, ran last 5+ around 7:30 or so for 47:30.  Not earthshattering but improving & will be faster next one!  Race put me over 30 miles for week which is what have been averaging recently, so race was done with basically no taper except taking Sat. off.   good test for tuture races.

WTG. There is hope for me,yet

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Clay,   of course there is always hope, & you are doing very well yourself.  Our logs/pr's are almost identical.  My next goal is to break 22 for 5k. 10/31 ??  will do abit more rest for that one.