Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

vegefrog

Eclipsed 13 miles for the first time in three years.

Big grin 13 miles seems to be the magic # this month! Runnerclay, good job getting back to 13 after your injury.

BeeRunB

Red nose half marathon 2:26:54. Paced a friend to a PR. Goal 2:29:00.1st in AG. A month ahead of targeted race.

Stopped a couple of times because of shooting knee pain.1st 13 miler in over a month. HR 132 /147

Yay!

shoeshine

I ran my flirst 5k on sunday: bay area cross challenge in golden gate park. 37 minutes, PR. I started running in late november 2011. Im a big guy, 270 pounds, 35 years old, and never ran before. been running 2.5 miles every other day. Feelin pretty great.
          Congrats on your first 5K!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

great job on your first 5k!  Before you know it you will be running more races at longer distances!  Enjoy the process!

shoeshine

Thanks Cassie and Kathy-

It's going well. It's good to have somewhere to keep track and share. It's only been a few months, but it's hard to imagine not running.

Ran my first 5K race since July, PR'd by nearly 3.5 minutes!  I came in at 33:46.  Been doing a half marathon training, it appears all the work is paying off!  Nice to see the difference!  So excited that I've been able to see such a huge improvement!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Ran my first 5K race since July, PR'd by nearly 3.5 minutes!  I came in at 33:46.  Been doing a half marathon training, it appears all the work is paying off!  Nice to see the difference!  So excited that I've been able to see such a huge improvement!

Way to go kathy!

steph  

Yay for 5k's!  Congrats kathy and shoeshine!

BeeRunB

I didn't have a nervous breakdown during the Patriots game....

Marylander

Today my 15 year old daughter ran with me for the 2nd time this week. Smile

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Today my 15 year old daughter ran with me for the 2nd time this week. Smile

That's excellent.   

steph  

Roxy27

my little devil

Ran almost ten in cold, super windy, weather on snowy trails. I'm training for the Flying Pig in May and I will not let the weather stop me!!!

ps. someone please remind me I said this in the middle of February when it really sucks outside!

New 5k PR time of (unofficial) 28:50.   Also took second in my age group of 30 - 39 running in the Winter Wonderland 5k.  Very excited!  Looking forward to a great year of running focused on my times.

Shut Up And Run

2012 Goals:  sub-30:00 5k accomplished 1-28-12, sub-25:00 5k, sub-20:00 5k, run a 10k race

vegefrog

Great time Robert!!

I ran 20 miles today. Previously my longest run was 17. I got severley dehydrated, a mistake I will NEVER make again, but I finished it. I walked mile 17, but resumed running for the last 2. The greatest thing is that my legs and lungs felt like they could have gone on and on...but my stomach and head were NOT in agreement, LOL.