Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

raechickx

I got my first medal for placing in a race this morning. It was a 10k and though the rain may have scared away much of my competition, it showed me how far just running consistently can take you. Just 2 years ago I was happy with 10min miles!

Ran 5 days in a row last week for the first time in my life.  Started a HM training program about 2 months ago and we are ramping up and last week called for 5 days in a row.  Wasn't sure I could do it, prior to starting training at most I ran 2 days in a row and then had a rest day.  Felt great all week, took yesterday off and then ran 5 miles today.  Still feeling great!  It's hard to hold back at this point.  I want to just run!

Big grin

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

My first ever 300 mile month

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
        Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

My first ever 300 mile month

WTG.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

raechickx

posted: 1/29/2012 at 11:52 PM

I got my first medal for placing in a race this morning. It was a 10k and though the rain may have scared away much of my competition, it showed me how far just running consistently can take you. Just 2 years ago I was happy with 10min miles!

Take it anyway you can get it. Next time the speedsters will not be afraid of a little water.

kathyherrick

posted: 1/30/2012 at 6:47 PM

Ran 5 days in a row last week for the first time in my life.  Started a HM training program about 2 months ago and we are ramping up and last week called for 5 days in a row.  Wasn't sure I could do it, prior to starting training at most I ran 2 days in a row and then had a rest day.  Felt great all week, took yesterday off and then ran 5 miles today.  Still feeling great!  It's hard to hold back at this point.  I want to just run!

Congrats

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

raechickx

posted: 1/29/2012 at 11:52 PM

Take it anyway you can get it. Next time the speedsters will not be afraid of a little water.

kathyherrick

posted: 1/30/2012 at 6:47 PM

Congrats

You can only beat the ones that show up. Congrats

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
              Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

12-week layoff

On Sunday, I ran 3 miles or so without stopping for the first time since I broke my ankle. It was slow, but it felt like a run, not the shuffle I have been managing since I started back.  Now that I'm actually running, I'm going to start logging my runs again!

BeeRunB

30 days of my comic strip in the bag. A short milestone. Sort of like making it to mile 1 in a marathon, but it still feels like a small accomplishment. Any kind of progress in running or in life is truly one step at a time. One day at a time.

--JimmyCool

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

30 days of my comic strip in the bag. A short milestone. Sort of like making it to mile 1 in a marathon, but it still feels like a small accomplishment. Any kind of progress in running or in life is truly one step at a time. One day at a time.

--JimmyCool

Congratulations

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

vegefrog

Won my age group in a 5K today!! It was a small race, but I looked up other 5K's in my area today and compared my time. Would have won my age group in all of them as well! WOOHOOO!!

PR by more then 2 minutes Big grin

BeeRunB

Congratulations

Thanks, RoN!

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

20mi -- distance PR.  Also, 53mi this week (also a PR, for what it's worth).

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

20mi -- distance PR.  Also, 53mi this week (also a PR, for what it's worth).

congrats on the weekly mileage.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

So, it's nothing compared to the streaks some people have going, but I hit my 100th day today.

100 days, 975.6 miles.

I'm pretty geeked out about it--and going to sleep a LOT tonight to celebrate! Smile

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                              Emil Zatopek

So, it's nothing compared to the streaks some people have going, but I hit my 100th day today.

100 days, 975.6 miles.

I'm pretty geeked out about it--and going to sleep a LOT tonight to celebrate! Smile

Great job!  I can only hope to be there some day!