Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

After spending hours and hours and hours running the roads, I finally finished and live to tell that I ran the Myrtle Beach Marathon in 5:03!!! Slow compared to a lot of people, but I'm really proud of myself!!!

THat is awesome!  Congratulations!  You should be very proud!  Big grin

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I'm not sure how this is possible, but I ran a 5mi there and back route twice today and had a 5-8mph headwind in BOTH directions.  The small victory was that I refused to let it ruin my target tempo pace.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

shoeshine

Longest run yet: 3.6 miles. felt great. ran slow, steady, and felt like i could run forever.

jfa

Nice going shoeshine!

Longest run yet: 3.6 miles. felt great. ran slow, steady, and felt like i could run forever.

And so another runner is born!  Welcome to the insanity! Cool

Just ran 10 miles!  I have only done that one other time last summer.  Then I felt like I might die during and after and now I feel great!  All this training is paying off!  Love it!  Big grin

BeeRunB

Managed to take a month off from running without going mad. I also posted my 77th Crusted Salt comic strip for runners today in honor of St. Patrick's day (see my signature).  Everyone have a great day!

--JimmyCool

exponentiate

Today...

• I ran farther than I thought I could: 8 miles. (I was supposed to run 6, but I was with my mom's training program, who were doing 10, and there was an issue with where I would turn around, so I just ran with them until I was pretty tired and then I shortcutted back... and it was 8 friggin miles!)
                  • I got my first ever running blister. (Awesome.)
                  • I mustered up the courage to make a post on here. (If this was in person I wouldn't be able to stop talking, but there's just something about the internet.)
                  LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Managed to take a month off from running without going mad. I also posted my 77th Crusted Salt comic strip for runners today in honor of St. Patrick's day (see my signature).  Everyone have a great day!

--JimmyCool

I like it. Big grin

Hit 79 mile mark for the last 7 days with 9 weeks to go before my date with my first marathon.  Definitely a record for me over a 7 day stretch.

What was I chasing again?

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

RnR USA

Race 26.2 mi 3:56:46 9:03  TeaOlive

PRand  BQ

Since she is being modest.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I finally got it!  

When I started running I read somewhere in the gazillions of articles on running that I read that when you run hills, you should run "into" the hill, rather than up and over. Today I finally understood what that meant. I ran 2 hills on my route just like that - feeling like I was not really running up the hill but into it - and I got up both of them without stopping (and I usually have to walk near the top).  The effort didn't feel as difficult either. 

Woo hoo! Smile 

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Today I ran my first race since 2010 and my first since actually training with a coach.  I ran the Cincinnati Heart Half Marathon in 1:55:44, a 10:30 PR on a hot day and a very hilly course.  Very happy with my performance!

Bike Ride: 103.4 miles Solo.  I did my 1st Century ride, and did it alone the entire ride. 

6 hour mental challenge of talking myself through a hill, making sure I ate and drank proper amount at proper time, and constantly thinking about the goal for the workout.

During a workout, you're given a book of matches.  When you strike the match, the match is gone.  During a race, you need to make sure that you have at least 1 match left as you cross the finish line.  During this workout, I made sure that I didn't strike many matches!

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Cool Jump Suit

Bike Ride: 103.4 miles Solo.  I did my 1st Century ride, and did it alone the entire ride. 

6 hour mental challenge of talking myself through a hill, making sure I ate and drank proper amount at proper time, and constantly thinking about the goal for the workout.

During a workout, you're given a book of matches.  When you strike the match, the match is gone.  During a race, you need to make sure that you have at least 1 match left as you cross the finish line.  During this workout, I made sure that I didn't strike many matches!

Way to go! 

So bittersweet,
                                This tragedy
                                Won't ask for absolution;
                                This melody,
                                Inside of me,
                                Still searches for solution.
                                A twist of faith,
                                A change of heart
                                Cures my infatuation.
                                A broken heart, 
                                Provides the spark