Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

BeeRunB

Walked 20 minutes + 20 minutes yardwork, which is huge for me right now.

Getting there.  Cool

--Jimmy

Lynx

Just had a really nice race! Not fast (far from my PR) but it just felt great... do not know how else to explain, simply- I'm happy about it. 

50K  (51.1, actually) over the last 2 days. 20K Saturday morning, 31K today. 

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Operation Endurance 24 HR 61 miles

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Operation Endurance 24 HR 61 miles

Congrats Ronald!  Time to get ready for Boston now Smile

steph  

Lynx

+1 Wow, that is something. Congrats.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Thanks  Steph  and Lynx. The knee appears to have recovered from Bear Blaster 50K+. Contemplating  <4 for Boston.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

I was 7.2 miles from crossing the 1000mi YTD mark when I awoke this morning. However, I am in taper mode. So today the voice of reason prevailed and I only ran 5.2 miles. My victory is that I applied intelligence over bravado today Wink

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
                  Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

I was 7.2 miles from crossing the 1000mi YTD mark when I awoke this morning. However, I am in taper mode. So today the voice of reason prevailed and I only ran 5.2 miles. My victory is that I applied intelligence over bravado today Wink

There's always tomorrow....

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Used to be a non-runner, but not anymore.  I just logged my 5000th mile.  Didn't start till I was 50 and was able to get it done in 3 years and 8 months.  Life is good, I'm taking today off and having a Guiness.  Thanks RA for an awesome site !  

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Impressive, Declinometer!

My victory for the day was defeating the oppressive heat by waiting it out until 11pm: then doing my first shirt-less run in 15years.  These Planks are really paying off!

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Ran my first half today!  my goal was 2:30 and I came in at 2:24:42!  Very happy with that.  Hit the wall from mile 8 - 11, got a second wind and was able to finish the last 2.1 pretty strong.  Have to say one of the hardest things I have ever done, but that said, already looking for my next.  The felling at the end was amazing!  I started running 1 year ago and just completed my first half marathon! 

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Ran my first half today!  my goal was 2:30 and I came in at 2:24:42!  Very happy with that.  Hit the wall from mile 8 - 11, got a second wind and was able to finish the last 2.1 pretty strong.  Have to say one of the hardest things I have ever done, but that said, already looking for my next.  The felling at the end was amazing!  I started running 1 year ago and just completed my first half marathon! 

Congrats

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Outstanding!!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Awesome work, Kathy! Smile

My victory was finishing my long run. It was the warmest day I've run in this spring. I carried water thankfully and drank often. But that last mile was really tough. I went out thinking I should do 7 miles and I did 7.1 so I'm happy with that even if it wasn't always perfect. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.