Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

db7

I ran 5 miles today.  Doesn't seem like a big deal but I could barely walk 2 months ago.  Celiac Disease is real! 

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

Loves the outdoors

My whole family ran a 5K with me for mothers day. My tiny 5 year old daughter raced ahead while I stayed with my struggling 8 year old and I found out today that she had a 24 minute PB (we ran/walked it last year) and finished in 36:06! I am so proud. My 8 year old had a harder race but tried really hard and finished in 45min. My 4 year old ran about 3km out of the 5, so next year should make the whole distance Smile  AND the real win - they all want to do it again! 

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

I finished a box of cereal and a gallon of milk on the same day.

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
        Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

I finished a box of cereal and a gallon of milk on the same day.

Rounded to 2 decimal points, the shortest distance race that is both an integer number of miles and kilometers is 64.00 miles (103.00 kilometers) long.  I find finishing the box of cereal and gallon of milk at the same time equally awesome as completing a 64 mile race/run...assuming you did it by accident.

And if you planned it by eating an entire box of cereal and chugging an entire gallon of milk?  Well in that case it is extra awesome and I take it as a challenge.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I got out to run at 615 am on a really windy morning (37 gusting to 48kph). I did the big hill once. It's a victory for today I got out there and that I did a trip up and down that hill as part of my run. (I live in a really flat place and this is the one hill where everyone goes to do hill runs.)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

HappyFeat

I got out to run at 615 am on a really windy morning (37 gusting to 48kph). I did the big hill once. It's a victory for today I got out there and that I did a trip up and down that hill as part of my run. (I live in a really flat place and this is the one hill where everyone goes to do hill runs.)

You are so tough! That's some strong wind to run against. I couldn't do it. Congrats on managing a hill interval in that!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Today marked the end of my first year of running.  A week and a half after my new marathon PR, I set a new 5K PR.

Woot.

I will now pass out in bed.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                Emil Zatopek

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congrats!

steph  

Prince of Fatness

Not running related, but the wife and I just paid our last college tuition bill this week.  I'm free!

My son graduated yesterday.  Yay!  I cannot believe that both of my kids are now college graduates.

Not at it at all. 

swyller7

This is a small one for most, but a big one for me. I have been suffering from depression for 2 years and stopped running because of that and some other life circumstances. I finally have been getting treatment over the past 3 months and have been able to feel like myself again. Today I ran 1/2 mile with my dog. This is the beginning of my training goals, and I feel really proud of myself. Smile

HappyFeat

Excellent Swyller7. Glad you are feeling better. Good luck with your new program!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Yesterday's fast pace has officially become today's easy pace.  What a great feeling! 

Got out for a great run today in great weather, 75 low humidity, sunny, light breeze.  Perfect!  I ran very well to, ran one of my best times for 5 miles.  Loved it today!

Lived through and passed my purple belt test in Shaolin Kempo (which included a several mile run as the "pre-warmup")!

2014 goals:

1. Run a minimum of 1.5 miles every single day of the year

2. Run 1500 miles in 2014

3. Get my weekly mileage above 40

4. Brown belt in Shaolin Kempo

5. First Half (Oregon Wine Country HM?)

6. PRs: Sub-21 5k, Sub-45 10k, Sub-45 Spartan Sprint, Sub 1:55 HM (Oregon Wine Country HM)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Excellent Swyller7. Glad you are feeling better. Good luck with your new program!

+1. Welcome back.

A small feat it is not!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/