Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

Maggie & Molly

congrats to you Tiday

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Roadrunner's Apprentice

I finally broke the 30 minute mark!  Ran 5K in 29:15 - one 2012 goal crossed off, baby!

2014 Goals:

- sub-26 5K : sub-56 10K : 1st half marathon

- Tell my excuses to shut up and lace up...

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I finally broke the 30 minute mark!  Ran 5K in 29:15 - one 2012 goal crossed off, baby!

Congrats!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Am I doing this right?

Now it's time to go back to #1 on the list and get into a race.  If you're doing 29:15 in training, you're going to be pleased with your 5k race time.

Way to go!

No excuses....

Am I doing this right?

Sunday May 20th, I did my first half marathon.

And while my time might not be the fastest in the world  2:48:35 was the official chip time.  I was happy with it.  (I know I never could have done any of the the things I'm doing 59 lbs ago! -- I still need to lose about 40 more, so if I can get the weight down it can only help with the running.)

And I already know I want to run another one some day and maybe try to improve my time.

Been there.  Isn't life so much better 59lbs lighter?

Congrats on the 1/2, and congrats on the weight loss.  Keep it up!

No excuses....

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Training log weekly summary shows 6 weeks.  1st time-6 weeks 50+ miles Cool

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

wow,  very impressive RunnerClay!!  I got close last year to accomplising that but not quite,  PF came to pay me a visit for several months.  congrats to you!!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

1st overall YMCA 5K. Time 25:56. Lost the rabbit before mile 2. Runners / walkers <20. I will take it anyway I can get it. YAY!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Mrcrumpton

Reached 5,000 miles this morning 685 consecutive days!

2013 Goals

• 5K-20:00
                    • 10K-44:00
                    • 1/2 Marathon-1:38
                    • Marathon-3:30
                    • Complete 50 Miler

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Reached 5,000 miles this morning 685 consecutive days!

WTG!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Two things for me - I survived my first race (mud/obstacle 4 miler), and have, for the first time, run for over a week consecutively - 8 days and counting! Smile

2014 goals:

1. Run a minimum of 1.5 miles every single day of the year

2. Run 1500 miles in 2014

3. Get my weekly mileage above 40

4. Brown belt in Shaolin Kempo

5. First Half (Oregon Wine Country HM?)

6. PRs: Sub-21 5k, Sub-45 10k, Sub-45 Spartan Sprint, Sub 1:55 HM (Oregon Wine Country HM)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Two things for me - I survived my first race (mud/obstacle 4 miler), and have, for the first time, run for over a week consecutively - 8 days and counting! Smile

Congrats.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

slowEET

Yesterday, ran so far my nipples hurt for the first time (~10mi). Not only do I feel like a real runner now, but I feel a strange connection with Andrew Bernard.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Another big victory:  Y'all have posted 100 pages of victories!!

Wing

Joggaholic

I ran my ass off in June. 4 weekly mileage PB in a row: 61, 81, 83, 90. And I got 330 miles in, and passed 1000 miles for the year! Best of all, no injury! Now off into rest/recovery mode...