Insomnia is screwing up my running. (Read 1118 times)

Wow--old thread revived! I still go through phases of waking up sometimes, but I can usually go back to sleep within a few minutes.

I agree on words with friends....it makes my brain start working, then I can't turn it off. If anyone wants to play (during the day), I'm dana_white. Big grin

leonasmith1977

Addicted to Running

Try some melatonin.

There is a low dosage that you can take if you wake up in the middle of the night.  Although, 2 1/2 hours, I don't know if that would wear off by 4:30...but if you take some when you go to bed, it should get you through the night.

You can get it at health food stores, probably even regular grocery stores.

You'll have to experiment with it though, of course.

Melatonin can work wonders! I used to suffer from Insomnia 2 years ago, and this is the only thing that worked for me. But it took awhile for my body to get used to it. I experienced  constant daytime sleepiness for the first 2 weeks.

jorgea

I'd try cutting out all caffeine containing drinks from your daily diet as a test to see if that makes a difference.

OP, here. This thread is from 1.5 years ago--I'm mostly good now. Wink Lots of helpful tips in here, though.