New Toys (Read 855 times)

Well, I finally got around to buying some new "shoes" after coaching tonight. I'm gonna wear them to work tomorrow to break 'em in a little; wonder if anybody will notice?

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Dave

Not if you wear them with a gorilla outfit. Where's JK when you need him.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Queen of 3rd Place

Are you planning to eventually try some running in those? Arla

Ex runner

I believe Matt Tartar from the Dump Runners Club podcast occasionally runs in these. He had good things to say about occasional barefoot runs.
          ymmv

did you get some injinji socks to go with them? when people admire the shoes, you could take one off, show the sock and double the humor...
            Wingz

Professional Noob

Let us know what it's like running in them. Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

did you get some injinji socks to go with them? when people admire the shoes, you could take one off, show the sock and double the humor...
                That would be pretty funny - to a runner. A non-runner would probably just roll there eyes twice.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I've run in them once so far, but for the near future I plan on walking around in them first to build up a little strength. I wore them to the car dealership this afternoon and the salesman didn't say anything, but the billing guy almost fell out of his chair when glanced under the desk and noticed me wearing them.

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I started barefoot running few week ago. First walking for a week and then slowly building running distance (OK, I have been barefooted a lot before, but no any running). First 1km and now I'm up to 2.7km. Made a mistake last weekend and went for a walk when it was 30C outside. No any problems to walk for a half a hour, but then I noticed that heat started to do it's tricks on my soles. Went back home and gave my soles proper creaming and after 4h I was able to do my yoga. But, I needed to cut my Sunday run from 10M to 8M, because left food started to make some protest against my plan. Again good creaming and today my soles are in perfect condition. I'm planning to run few km barefooted in every run. Hopefully after few months I'm able to run my short runs without shoes. Even within these few weeks I have noticed that my running technique has improved and clicking on my left knee is gone. Should we start Barefoot Runner Club in here?
                      Guy I work with got these and told me that they're good till you get sand in them. Big grin

Vim