Cheilectomy / Microfracture (Read 105 times)

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I had the above done about 8 weeks ago.  I am walking but there is definite tenderness in the dorsal aspect of the toe.

Doctor says it's okay - but, of course, okay for a person who just wants to walk is different than a person who wants to run.

Anyone had this done and if so, how long until you stopped thinking about your toe?

• Black Canyon 100k
    • RRR
    • Zane Grey 100k
    • High Lonesome 100
    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
    • The Bear 100
    • Javelina Jundred (?)
    JanaLamb

Hey, how are you now? There's a post on Runners World about someone who's gone back to running a month or two after the operation. But, of course, it could be different from case to case.

Increase Speed and Stamina Blog

Joann Y

Hey, how are you now? There's a post on Runners World about someone who's gone back to running a month or two after the operation. But, of course, it could be different from case to case.

Wait. Do you write for Runner's World?

FSBD

Wait. Do you write for Runner's World?

What the hell is Runner's World?

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Joann Y

What the hell is Runner's World?

Oh honey. It's real cute. They've got all kinds of cute tips for runners. Nothing snooty and nothing like that elitist magazine, Runner's Times was it? They will hook you up with tips on how to race everything and anything. Color runs, mud runs, foam runs.. that's just the beginning. Did you know that anyone can run a marathon?! You don't have to run a whole lot, maybe 2-3 days a week, as long as you are stretch before every run, drink 10 8oz glasses of water per day (and that doesn't count bringing water with you on your run), you're going to need electrolytes and lots of gus, a phone app to keep you motivated, and maybe a watch. It's all about balance. You don't want to get obsessed with just running. You will need to cross train. Stretching and strengthening. Nutrition.. you want to make sure you are getting enough sugar and other nutrients....   I could go on!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

LOL!!!!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

FSBD

Wow. Clearly I have been doing it all wrong. I'll have to start reading it before my next color foam 5k marathon.

Oh honey. It's real cute. They've got all kinds of cute tips for runners. Nothing snooty and nothing like that elitist magazine, Runner's Times was it? They will hook you up with tips on how to race everything and anything. Color runs, mud runs, foam runs.. that's just the beginning. Did you know that anyone can run a marathon?! You don't have to run a whole lot, maybe 2-3 days a week, as long as you are stretch before every run, drink 10 8oz glasses of water per day (and that doesn't count bringing water with you on your run), you're going to need electrolytes and lots of gus, a phone app to keep you motivated, and maybe a watch. It's all about balance. You don't want to get obsessed with just running. You will need to cross train. Stretching and strengthening. Nutrition.. you want to make sure you are getting enough sugar and other nutrients....   I could go on!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.