How do you keep your iPod dry? (Read 1869 times)

A company called Schwaggle sells water proof cases now.  They claim you can even swim with your tunes now for the Tri-athletes out there.

They look a tad pricey but better then replacing you mp3 player every couple months.   http://www.h2oaudio.com/

What was I chasing again?

I used run with an iPod. Back then, I'd put it in two baggies. 

No No No you put the two baggies on your feet and make sure they are gallon sized baggies :-)

On a serious note I put my in a ziplock bag and that tends to work.  However, dropping your iphone in the bathtub (while giving your son a bath) is not a good idea.  It will work 75% of the time and then do funky stuff the other 25%.  Oh 3 more months before maybe moving to verizon. 

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
      • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
      • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
         I carry the phone in my bra,

heh,

This is where I would usually say that I ballparked, but Trent ruined this forever by posting a link to Urban Dictionary.

That is not what I thought it meant.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

xor

Dude!

What did you think it meant??

Sincere question!  hehehe

Dude!

What did you think it meant??

Sincere question!  hehehe

A blast from the past (Antagonist) used to post that all the time

I just thought it meant you found something hot

but what do I know, I'm old

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

xor

I've met Anty Tim in real life.  He used to live in Seattle (and complained about it everrrrry single day).

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

Well, I don't run with my iPod. But I do run with my phone on long runs, and I wrap it in a ziplock plastic bag and stick it in my water belt. It actually gets plenty wet if I don't properly close my water bottle, but the phone is always fine.

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

xor

Well, I don't run with my iPod. But I do run with my phone on long runs, and I wrap it in a ziplock plastic bag and stick it in my water belt. It actually gets plenty wet if I don't properly close my water bottle, but the phone is always fine.

I single bag my music player (which... again... for those of you who have been through dozens of shuffles... I'm on my 2nd music player since 2003. This one has been going strong since 2007 and cost me 50 bucks).

I double bag my phone.  I only carry my phone when I'm trail running.  Honestly, I suppose I should be more concerned with YOIPS-ing and falling/breaking my phone than the double bag.

Cool as a Cucumber

When I run with an iPod, I put it in a plastic bag. I cut a corner and feed the headphones through there. Wrap it up a bit and tuck it into my shorts' pocket.

The pavement fears me.

Feeling the growl again

See, you just need to ditch Apple....problem solved.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I look my best blurry!

When I run with an iPod, I put it in a plastic bag. I cut a corner and feed the headphones through there. Wrap it up a bit and tuck it into my shorts' pocket.

Great suggestion. The wire through the zip was a problem. Thanks!

I look my best blurry!

See, you just need to ditch Apple....problem solved.

Just a tad late for this suggestion. :-/

Feeling the growl again

Just a tad late for this suggestion. :-/

Apple will tell you the lifespan of the device is like 2 years (I know, I know).  I bet these things will sell and similar models will still be around when your next Apple device goes belly-up....

Only question is, how much is it worth to you to replace your music library? Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I look my best blurry!

It's a trap. I'm stuck.
                              Jill_B

I fly.

My dad clips his to the brim of his hat.  It looks funny, but it stays sweat free.  I no longer use an ipod, but I bought an arm band for my phone and that seems to work well.

Bring it on.