It is that time of year to ask the big question . . . (Read 2402 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I say he does better than this.

Lets hear some official guesses.  Give us a time L-Train and anyone else who would like to take a guess.  I will throw them up in my original message. 

2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

Why is it sideways?

Lets hear some official guesses.  Give us a time L-Train and anyone else who would like to take a guess.  I will throw them up in my original message. 

For the record, I did not recommend this action as a form of dealing with the taper.

You would think with these sort of miles if I can't get 3:20 I should just give up and if I don't I just might.

If you do, can I have your mitochondria?

3:18:43.  And you'll feel like you left some meat on the bone.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

L Train

3:12:49

Prince of Fatness

3:21:01

Because that's where the money is.  Bet the long shot I say.  Plus you tend to over think things and make a mess of them.  And finally, if you do kick some ass, which is probable, you can quote this and give me the old I told you so treatment.

Not at it at all. 

L Train

But does he beat C-R?

Prince of Fatness

No ... that's where all of the head case stuff comes into play.

Not at it at all. 

kcam

Bearcat - you have run the kind of mileage (major props to you) where a good 3 week taper CAN help.  I think your plan looks good but, as others have said, if you want to stay sharp add in some strides or 800's or some other kind of speed in the three weeks.  I'm not sure I'd do much MP work but what do I know?  All this stuff we're talking about is secondary to what you've already done - week-in & week-out mileage.  Good luck, you've put in the work and you should be able to reap the benefits come raceday.

#artbydmcbride

3:21:01

Because that's where the money is.  Bet the long shot I say.  Plus you tend to over think things and make a mess of them.  And finally, if you do kick some ass, which is probable, you can quote this and give me the old I told you so treatment.

3:21:02

Runners run

Slo

Nice work BCR

I'll be anxiously awaiting your results......I'm not going to venture a guess.

Up until June it looks like you were roughly a 40 - 50 mpw runner.  You've had a solid 4 months at 80+ mpw......It's going to be very interesting to see how you do.

It'd be even more interesting to see how you would do in a marathon next spring, then again next fall by maintaining that 80+ mpw.

I really hope you kick ass.

<Quote seems not to work for me>

3:16:30 huh.  I know I should be happy with such a time but I would be a little disappointed in anything under 3:15.  Of course I depend on a lot of things I can't control like how I feel and the weather. 

<>

I say this as a conservative race plan / result.  Obviously this BQ has been your "Big Fish" for a while and I would make sure you get it....you can always burn rubber the last 10k!  

Once its in the Bag, then hell run the other Indy Marathon or something else nearby and swing for the fences.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

I say this as a conservative race plan / result.  Obviously this BQ has been your "Big Fish" for a while and I would make sure you get it....you can always burn rubber the last 10k!  

Once its in the Bag, then hell run the other Indy Marathon or something else nearby and swing for the fences.

3:16:30 huh.  I know I should be happy with such a time but I would be a little disappointed in anything under 3:15.  Of course I depend on a lot of things I can't control like how I feel and the weather. 

Me and you and you and me
                          No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be
                          The only one for me is you, and you for me
                          So happy together

So happy together
                          How is the weatherrrrrr!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Me and you and you and me
                            No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be
                            The only one for me is you, and you for me
                            So happy together

So happy together
                            How is the weatherrrrrr!

Did Trent steal your ID?

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

No, he tried to hold me up with a box of kryptonite.  Denied.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

3:21:02

Really!  I expect that kind of response from Potatoe Head as he is grumpy with the injury thing but you!  I thought we built a bond when we were going for 1500 miles together but I guess I was wrong.  Sad

2011 Goals:
                                  Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                                  Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)