It is that time of year to ask the big question . . . (Read 2402 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

No, he tried to hold me up with a box of kryptonite.  Denied.

I took a walk around the world to
    Ease my troubled mind
    I left my body laying somewhere
    In the sands of time
    I watched the world float to the dark
    Side of the moon
    I feel there is nothing I can do, yeah

I watched the world float to the
    Dark side of the moon
    After all I knew it had to be something
    To do with you
    I really don't mind what happens now and then
    As long as you'll be my friend at the end

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

But does he beat C-R?

Sorry but C-R and I are not officially racing.  It was called off due to lack of competition.  I guess it was kind of like a division 1 basketball team playing a division 2 basketball team.  I am the division 2 basketball team and the division 1 basketball team did not see how it would be to their advantage to put us on the schedule. 

It looks like he has taken a different approach of doing middle mileage with lots of speed work.  While mine has been more about easy miles with some races thrown in.  I think both ways seem to be working for us.  I expect him to be done before I find the finish line.  At least I will not have to buy beer or put his name on my shirt for the next race following the marathon which is in my hometown. 

I see a rivalry though between BigJoe and I soon.  We were only 13 seconds apart last weekend and I was gaining on him.  To be fair though his running has been lacking due to new baby syndrome and the side affect of lack of sleep that comes with that.   He would be a tough challenge for me because the bum is more of a natural runner than I am. 

I am going to guess that I finish in . . . . . 3:14:30 but currently I am hoping L-Train is correct. 

2011 Goals:
        Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
        Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
      mikeymike

It looks like he has taken a different approach of doing middle mileage with lots of speed work.  While mine has been more about easy miles with some races thrown in.  I think both ways seem to be working for us.

Sounds like two other guys I know.

Runners run

Looking at your log, Bearcat, I'm really curious what happens after the marathon and what else you do with all this newfound mileage.

SMART Approach

3:17:38   I think you can cut 15 sec per mile off your previous pace with your enhanced training and miles. I think you would have had potential to do sub 3:12 with some quality work mixed in throughout plan in the two bigger work outs but we certainly know your aerobic system is strong. I think you could do better than 3:17 with ideal racing conditions. I am curious of your results also with most of your runs being pretty slow but this allowed the extra miles. Good luck.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

I look my best blurry!

My prediction is that I'll see you in Boston!  Good luck!  

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Looking at your log, Bearcat, I'm really curious what happens after the marathon and what else you do with all this newfound mileage.

That is an interesting thought and even I don't know what I will do.  Lots of things could happen.  A lot will depend on if I qualify for Boston and if I do if I sign up right away to do the race.  I'm not sure even if I qualify for Boston if I will even run it.  It has just been a goal for me. 

I feel I am not at my peak yet for running but the alure of triathlon stuff is still out there.  I would love to break 3:10 at some point to qualify for NY.   I don't like races that tell me I am not good enough to be apart of them.  Just knowing if I wanted to I could run Boston or NY might be good enough for me.  I do have to say that I get a little envious and bitter about the people wearing those pretty blue and yellow Boston jackets.   Sort of would like one myself but not sure how much I would wear it. 

Do any of you that own the jacket ever wear them out and about?  I feel like you should be proud of it and be able to wear it but that others might see it as showing off or something like that.  I was disappointed to see someone had them for sale at the PIG expo.  You shouldn't just be able to buy one of those things. You should have to earn it.  Enough ranting for this morning. 

2011 Goals:
                RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

My prediction is that I'll see you in Boston!  Good luck!  

I sure hope you are right.  I love you log entry before your BQ.  That sounded like you went from one of the worst days ever to one of the best.  What a rollercoaster ride that must have been. 

2011 Goals:
                  xhristopher

I do have to say that I get a little envious and bitter about the people wearing those pretty blue and yellow Boston jackets.   Sort of would like one myself but not sure how much I would wear it. 

I've seen Boston Marathon paraphernalia on the sale rounders at Dicks. The sports store around the corner sells it at the front of the running section. 

So, BCR, perhaps you said it earlier... With all this time predicting, are you going to run your race "conservatively," go nuts, or something in between.

L Train

I would love to break 3:10 at some point to qualify for NY.  

If I'm not mistaken, your HM PR is only 33 seconds away.

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

So, BCR, perhaps you said it earlier... With all this time predicting, are you going to run your race "conservatively," go nuts, or something in between.

Well that is the whole purpose of this thread now isn't it.  I really am not sure yet.  Currently,  I am leaning towards 3:15 pace with finishing strong.  That sounds like fun. I like passing people at the end.  It is a lot more fun then being passed. 

I can't believe DSG actually has Bostom Marathon stuff for sale Sad

2011 Goals:
                        xor

You can get Bostom Marathon gear LOTS of places.

They's just clothes.

Do what you gotta do.

mikeymike

I live in the Boston area so it's probably way more prevalent here but I'd venture 50% or more of the people you see on the street sporting Boston Marathon gear never ran the Boston Marathon.  Well, maybe not that high but a big number.

Yup, they's just clothes.

Runners run

L Train

clothes.

Good work.

mikeymike

I literally had to correct myself before I hit "post" though.  I wish I were kidding.

Runners run