It is that time of year to ask the big question . . . (Read 2402 times)

L Train

I can help with that.  Spring 2012 at the earliest.

Good enough.  smalcolm's threat to stomp on our manly parts is still out there you know.  And now Daddyo wants to race.  I've got lots of suitors it would seem in your absence.

Prince of Fatness

smalcolm's threat to stomp on our manly parts is still out there you know.

Well my only concern for the time being is losing my beer belly and building back some base mileage, so you'll have to go it alone with smalcolm.

Wait, what?

Not at it at all. 

Kalsarikännit

Good enough.  smalcolm's threat to stomp on our manly parts is still out there you know.  And now Daddyo wants to race.  I've got lots of suitors it would seem in your absence.

I wish we raced in the same region.  I am also very, very interested in stomping your (supposedly) manly parts.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

L Train

I am also very, very interested in stomping your (supposedly) manly parts.

Oh yes, then there's you.  Really, there's a marathon in TN that would be good for all of us some fall. 

Speaking of logs, yours is looking interesting.  12 miles in the last 2 weeks.  Don't hurt yourself.

Kalsarikännit

12 miles in the last 2 weeks.  Don't hurt yourself.

Zip it.  And look again.  That's 125 miles in the last two weeks.  The last 12 have sucked, though.  Pavement is not my friend.  When I become queen of that Earth 2, the sidewalks and running paths will be made of a nice track-like material.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

But if you are dead set on running a race where you HAVE TO qualify, then look up the Gansett Marathon.  Last year it was called the Exeter Marathon.  But you will have to run 5 minutes faster than your BQ time.

I think they have a race in London next year that you have to qualify for - except just to be different they call it OQ instead of BQ. I don't think they have charity runners.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

Some of us got used to the idea of an XQ for qualifying for Exeter.  Now with the name change, it is a GQ.

Fill in your own joke.

xor

smalcolm's threat to stomp on our manly parts... 

No foolin?

Huh.

xor

(Very stupidly) racing in Montana next weekend.  I hope they have Deschutes Black Butte Porter. 

Depends on which side of Montana you will be on.  Assuming you are coming to Le Grizz at Glacier, then the answer is "probably", at least in the store. Maybe on tap somewhere.  Maybe.

It's sort of like googling an old friend to find out what they're up to.

Plus, trying to monitor your progress to see when my nemesis will be back and to be prepared when it happens.

And don't pair me with Nads.   

My flatswitches came in today!

What you wearing for your top? Something in a pink, I trust?

See ya out there!!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

xor

1. This thread has too much swamp in it.

2. WTF is a flatswitch?

3. Ain't nothing wrong with pink.

He's wearing fastwiches for the Baystate Marathon , which you can sign up for even if you're not in "a swamp" or whatever that is.

And, I agree.

xor

ok.  So a "flatswitch" is a "fast twitch".

Got it now.

Sort of.

Seriously, I need a diagram to understand all the trash talking and the who is running against whom (and why) and how (and why) my dear, sweet neighbor could be fired up to stamp out man bits.  And who's who in the whole "nemesis" titling crap.

Can't we go back to talking about those Sweet Jackets at Boston?

Prince of Fatness

Seriously, I need a diagram to understand all the trash talking and the who is running against whom (and why) and how (and why) my dear, sweet neighbor could be fired up to stamp out man bits.  And who's who in the whole "nemesis" titling crap.

This is in fact a bit of Swamp leakage.  Sorry, it happens.  As for the man bits stuff, you may want to ask your dear sweet neighbor.

Not at it at all. 

I am without a peer.  Mr. Train's remark references his not wanting us to be associated within the running community, having recently run a 1:31 half marathon.  People get like that.