It is that time of year to ask the big question . . . (Read 2402 times)

xor

And FYI, smalcolm is no sweet girl.  She is a body part stomping machine that knocks down hunnerd-milers in the Cascades.

I know.  I was there.

Kalsarikännit

I know.  I was there.

What?  And there were no live updates posted?  Grumble.  That must have been great, though.

Good luck next Sat, btw.  Dick Collins Firetrails is on my to-do list.  It looks beautiful.  I thought it was supposed to be faster, but it is listed in Ultrarunning as a 3/3.

MTA:  And I know that you know that she is a badass.  I'm just pointing this out to those who don't know.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

The King of Beasts

But you ultra types run so slow.

seems like I should say something here, but i aint fast so its not really my place

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

L Train

A1 - I was just taking on an alter-ego for WG's benefit.  I know my real place in the world.

xor

What?  And there were no live updates posted?  Grumble.  That must have been great, though.

Good luck next Sat, btw.  Dick Collins Firetrails is on my to-do list.  It looks beautiful.  I thought it was supposed to be faster, but it is listed in Ultrarunning as a 3/3.

MTA:  And I know that you know that she is a badass.  I'm just pointing this out to those who don't know.

I was there at an aid station and shuttling pacers from the start/finish to the Pacer Staging Place.  I did not run; I do not count to 100.  (I did run a trail marathon that morning though).

Dick Collins intrigues me for three reasons:

1) the name includes "Dick", 2) Ann Trason, and mostly 3) the following gem from their website: "In previous years race week has included the following: fire, earthquake, flood, and stock market crash."

Yes.

Kalsarikännit

.  I did not run; I do not count to 100. 

You point this out once a week, but I choose to keep hope alive.

Ann Trason scares me.  No one should be able to run a 100 the way she did.

What the hell are you trying to say, A1?  You aren't fast so you want to race me at Monkey?

The King of Beasts

What the hell are you trying to say, A1?  You aren't fast so you want to race me at Monkey?

If you really want to go. I might have just enough.

but arent you doing the DirtyDirty Double Monkey ?? thats too much for me.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

FIFY

Man I have been missing out!

The only way I could have dick-stomped this year would have been becuase I had a fat/heavy foot. Now that is gone, so I've got nothing. Maybe 2012... how about a double dick-stomping by WG and SM. That would hurt way worse.

MTA:  And I know that you know that she is a bad dumbass.  I'm just pointing this out to those who don't know.

~Sara
                  It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

but arent you doing the DirtyDirty Double Monkey ??

What is this?

~Sara
                    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

xor

Yes, I am interested in Double D Monkee myself.  What's that?

xor

You point this out once a week

This and 'taper, schmaper'.  I need new material.

Speaking of taper schmaper, I ran an 8 mile tempo run (10.5 total) in prep for tomorrow's 50k.  Seemed pretty normal.

Kalsarikännit

I'm running a 100 two weeks before Monkey, so I will be super craptacular there and have zero speed.  So, somehow this thing came up of doing it twice (I think it started here in the forums months ago).  It was Trent's, "Blah, blah, blah, this race is so hard..." stuff.  I am dumb and fell for it.  Since I will have no speed, I am going to run it twice and do the endurance thing.  Dumb?  Sure.

And don't sass me, A1.  I am still your pacer and therefore in charge.  Until Pinhoti.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes, I am interested in Double D Monkee myself.  What's that?

You wanna double?

There we go.  Torch passed.  You two would really make a more competitive race anyway at your level and all.  Have fun and let me know when it's all set up.

What torch? You're making a run for it while he's down?  It's funny how levels are always in flux you know?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Don't waste your time ... it ain't happening. 

drip drip drip

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus