It is that time of year to ask the big question . . . (Read 2402 times)

xor

You wanna double?

I dunno.

4 days later, I'm starting a little stage race known as quadzilla.

Are there specifics on this double D monkee?

The King of Beasts

And don't sass me, A1.  I am still your pacer and therefore in charge.  Until Pinhoti.

me knowing that you are "in charge" is only going to create more sass from me, just to see what happens.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Kalsarikännit

I dunno.

Wanna run a marathon at 2 or 3 in the morning before racing the real race?  I will save you from (or push you into) any Flying Monkeys that attack.

We get double beer, right Trent?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I dunno.

I was wondering, with all this racing, do you get nerves before any one single race?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Hmmm I have no speed so I might have to consider the Double D too....

~Sara
            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Hmmm I have no speed so I might have to consider the Double D too....

woa, they're giving out beer, not amphetamines. 

GET IT???  SPEED!! HA HAHAHAHAH

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Double Monkey is as WG suggests.  You start at the starting line at ~3 or 4am.  You run the Monkey course.  In the dark.  Without course monitors.  Or aid stations.  Or sunlight.  Or warmth.  But with monkeys.  And the moon will be full, which only agitates the monkeys.

Then finish.  Before 8am.  At the start/finish area.

And then at 8am, run the Monkey with all the normally foolish fools.

And then finish.  And drink twice the beer.

Groovy groovy.

L Train

Double Monkey is as WG suggests.  You start at the starting line at ~3 or 4am.  You run the Monkey course.  In the dark.  Without course monitors.  Or aid stations.  Or sunlight.  Or warmth.  But with monkeys.  And the moon will be full, which only agitates the monkeys.

Then finish.  Before 8am.  At the start/finish area.

And then at 8am, run the Monkey with all the normally foolish fools.

And then finish.  And drink twice the beer.

Groovy groovy.

Who has done this (that we would know?).  Just curious.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Nobody.

Many have talked all big and all.  But nobody has done it.

One came close though, but then chickened out.

Oh my. This is almost worth getting up at 4 a.m. to come out early and heckle!

Almost.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Oh yeah, like the screetching cackles inside your head the night before monkey every year let you sleep.

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

But like the man said, if you want the full on event experience--the crowds, the attention, the bib numbers that basically tell how fast you are, the Wellesely girls, the Air Force flyovers, the millions of people lining the course, the drunk BC students, the drunk Red Sox crowd, the feeling of running into a stadium when you turn onto Boylston Street for that last, glorious 600 yards...well you pretty much have to go to Boston for that.

I'm sorry did you say run into the stadium.  Like Fenway Park stadium!!!!  You know I am a huge Red Sox fan right?

I don't like crowds and I don't like having to figure out the logistics of two places (Start and Finish).  However, to run into Fenway park I am willing to do a lot of things.  Please clarify!!

2011 Goals:
                            Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                            Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
                          RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

There we go.  Torch passed.  You two would really make a more competitive race anyway at your level and all.  Have fun and let me know when it's all set up.

I'm disappointed L-Train.  I've always really liked you and still do but you can't ditch potatoe head like that.  Sure he has been grumpy lately but that is the lack of running talking.  You sound like some other people I know on this forum who think they are better then others even though they still have a lower Marathon PR then those they look down at!  You can mulitple arch enemies.  Potatoe head is more like racing agains the Penguin right now. 

Don't be like that.  Your better then this.  Congrats on the half  and the AG win.  It is always a nice surpirse.  Plenty of time still to sign up for Indy!  This is not me throwing down with you.  It would just be good to have some company in the race for a while . . . . 

Cheers

2011 Goals:
                              Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                              Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
                            mikeymike

Please clarify!!

Sigh.  Since I have no coolpoints to loose anyway...the Boston Marathon finishes on Boylston Street in the Back Bay neighborhood of Boston.  It just feels like a stadium because it's so damn loud with thousands and thousands of people lining the street cheering their heads off.

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

L-Train

Not at it at all.