It is that time of year to ask the big question . . . (Read 2402 times)

L Train

I'm disappointed L-Train.  I've always really liked you and still do but you can't ditch potatoe head like that.  Sure he has been grumpy lately but that is the lack of running talking.  You sound like some other people I know on this forum who think they are better then others even though they still have a lower Marathon PR then those they look down at!  You can mulitple arch enemies.  Potatoe head is more like racing agains the Penguin right now. 

Don't be like that.  Your better then this.  Congrats on the half  and the AG win.  It is always a nice surpirse.  Plenty of time still to sign up for Indy!  This is not me throwing down with you.  It would just be good to have some company in the race for a while . . . . 

Cheers

BCR - you need a sarcasm detector. 

Your friend -

L-Train

L Train

Up yours.  And since we are out here in the real world -Wink

L Train

loose

Seriously?

Runners run

Lazy idiot

Seriously?

I hate it when I loose my running cloths.

Tick tock

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

BCR - you need a sarcasm detector. 

Your friend -

L-Train

Well and spell check.  I could also use a personal trainer.  Actually the list of things I need would grow quite large if I keep going down this path.  So I will not.

You know what is frustrating.  When you tell a group of six and seven year olds to kick the goal kicks to the outside and they kick in the middle but it doesn't go past the line so we get to do it again.  Everyone on the sidelines is screaming for the goal kicks to go to the outside and what do we do?  Damn you got it right, kick it in the middle of the field.  It is not a good idea to coach the little guys when I am going to be in taper mode.

They are an awesome little group.  I need to think of a way just to have a fun little practice.

2011 Goals:
                Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

You know what is frustrating.  When you tell a group of six and seven year olds to kick the goal kicks to the outside and they kick in the middle but it doesn't go past the line so we get to do it again.  Everyone on the sidelines is screaming for the goal kicks to go to the outside and what do we do?  Damn you got it right, kick it in the middle of the field.  It is not a good idea to coach the little guys when I am going to be in taper mode.

They are an awesome little group.  I need to think of a way just to have a fun little practice.

Ha so there is one other coach out there who has issues with making the kids kick the goal kicks to the outside. 

xor

Double Monkey is as WG suggests.  You start at the starting line at ~3 or 4am.  You run the Monkey course.  In the dark.  Without course monitors.  Or aid stations.  Or sunlight.  Or warmth.  But with monkeys.  And the moon will be full, which only agitates the monkeys.

Then finish.  Before 8am.  At the start/finish area.

And then at 8am, run the Monkey with all the normally foolish fools.

And then finish.  And drink twice the beer.

Groovy groovy.

Oooo.  So not only double monkey, but first monkey is Dark Monkey.  Not sure I could make the logistics of this work and 3a is wholly unappealing (no way could I start at 4a and finish at 8a running mostly in the dark and with a second monkey looming).

Very cool idea!

xor

Hmmm I have no speed so I might have to consider the Double D too....

She beat me by an hour today.  She lies.

xor

Sigh.  Since I have no coolpoints to loose anyway...the Boston Marathon finishes on Boylston Street in the Back Bay neighborhood of Boston.  It just feels like a stadium because it's so damn loud with thousands and thousands of people lining the street cheering their heads off.

Bearcat, do you research any of the races you do beforehand?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Bearcat, do you research any of the races you do beforehand?

You know how many stupid marathons there are these days? How can he be expected to keep track of every little podunk marathon course around....

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

You know how many stupid marathons there are these days? How can he be expected to keep track of every little podunk marathon course around....

You said it! 

Seriously though I know it is a course with two different points for the start and finish.  It is expensive to run and stay in town.  It is a nightmare to get anywhere for the race.  It is on a Monday which means you have to use up a few vacation days to do this . . .  yada yada yada.  However, I hope someday to do this just so I can complain more about it later.  In the end the qualifying time is just something I have been using to shoot for when I started training five years ago.  Have to have some sort of long term goal.  Hawaii Iron man is another one of those long term goals as well. 

2011 Goals:
                            Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                            Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
                          xor

That's what I'm for.

Maybe I'd get my crap together and run Boston if it went through Fenway.  But first I gotta run through Lambeau.  Which CAN be done. And the tundra won't even be frozen.

xor

You said it! 

yada yada yada.  However, I hope someday to do this just so I can complain more about it later.  In the end the qualifying time is just something I have been using to shoot for when I started training five years ago.  Have to have some sort of long term goal.  Hawaii Iron man is another one of those long term goals as well. 

You are the one going on and on about Boston.

I can tell you about Kona Ironman.  And, no, it doesn't go through Aloha stadium nor any of the stuff you see on Hawai'i Five O.

xhristopher

You want to run Boston? Dude, I run in Boston all the time. It's no big deal.