Huntsville Marathon (Read 642 times)

IMKY13 finish!!

anyone else out there doing Huntsville next month? This will be my second marathon...Chicago '07 was my first.

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

xor

Most of us call it "Rocket City" Smile. I am not doing it, but I have run it before. It's a nice race... very well organized. Not much to look at in Huntsville in December. Everything is brown and some of the neighborhoods were eeriely devoid of people the last time I did it. But the people involved with the race are super friendly. All kinds of food at the end too. Incidentally, a lot of faster types show up to try to BQ. Rocket City is a great place for a winter shot at Go Fast. It isn't a flat course, but considering Huntsville's roly poly nature, I thought they did a good job at finding a fair course that wasn't super challenging.

Not as flat as Chicago, but it is flat. There is only 532 feet over 26.2. That's flat. I do more than that over my 10 mile course that I consider flat, just a few easy rollers is all. Many complain about too many turns, but at speeds above 6:00 that is a non issue. Just run the tangents. Here's the RA mapping of the course. I was going to do it again, but decided to run WDWM in Jan.. http://www.runningahead.com/maps/00e162410ff74ec7a7619092234d12e1

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Not much to look at in Huntsville in December
          As a resident, I can say there's not much to look at the other 11 months of the year either. Clowning around

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

As a resident, I can say there's not much to look at the other 11 months of the year either. Clowning around
            DUDE! They do have a KILLER space museum to look at. Fond school days memories and some later as well.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

DUDE! They do have a KILLER space museum to look at. Fond school days memories and some later as well.
              Yeah, the space museum is pretty awesome. Still haven't made it to the newly-opened Saturn V exhibit. But every time I pass it on the highway, I gawk so much I almost crash.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I am signed up to run it but since I have't run over 50 miles total since July I am bypassing this year.
                http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                  I'll be there too! Looking forward to just getting away for the weekend. Running well, eating well and earning a few beers too!
                  run26dave@gmail.com GoogleTalk: run26dave